Kylix 3 Enterprise supports SuSE 10.1?

2006-09-20 03:59:55 PM
kylix1
In “readme.txt” of Kylix 3 Enterprise, it said:
“Kylix 3 is certified on the following Linux distributions: Red Hat 7.2,
SuSE 7.3, Mandrake 8.2.”
Does Kylix 3 Enterprise support SuSE 10.1?
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Rudiger Chen

Re:Kylix 3 Enterprise supports SuSE 10.1?

Rudiger wrote:
Does Kylix 3 Enterprise support SuSE 10.1?
Not official. But maybe this can help even if it is for SuSE 10.0 and
others.
www.theo.ch/kylix/suse10.html
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Kylix 3 Enterprise supports SuSE 10.1?

I have tried installing Kylix 3 into SuSE 10.1.
I have installed "GNOME/KDE menu items" during installation.
But there is no menu items appear after restarting X Windows.
I try "./startbcb" to start Kylix, but I get the error message:
"/home/rudiger/kylix3/pro/bin/bcblin: relocation error:
/home/rudiger/kylix3/pro/bin/libwine.borland.so: sysmbol errno, versin
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"
How can I fix it?
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Rudiger
"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
???????: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Rudiger wrote:

>Does Kylix 3 Enterprise support SuSE 10.1?

Not official. But maybe this can help even if it is for SuSE 10.0 and
others.
www.theo.ch/kylix/suse10.html

--
Regards,

Andreas Hausladen
(andy.jgknet.de/blog)

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix 3 Enterprise supports SuSE 10.1?

I found someone also try to install Kylix 3 into SuSE 10.1, and meet the
same problems.
www.tutorials.de/forum/delphi-kylix-pascal/252482-kylix-3-unter-suse-
10-1-a.html
However it is written in German, it is uneasy for me to read.
I also try to add “export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1”
I got the similar error message:
/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Rudiger
"Rudiger" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >撰寫於郵件新聞
: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Rudiger wrote:
I have tried installing Kylix 3 into SuSE 10.1.

I have installed "GNOME/KDE menu items" during installation.

But there is no menu items appear after restarting X Windows.

I try "./startbcb" to start Kylix, but I get the error message:

"/home/rudiger/kylix3/pro/bin/bcblin: relocation error:
/home/rudiger/kylix3/pro/bin/libwine.borland.so: sysmbol errno, versin
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"

How can I fix it?
You cannot fix it. Suse 10.1 uses glibc 2.4.
K3 IDE works with glibc < 2.4.

Re:Kylix 3 Enterprise supports SuSE 10.1?

I have installed Kylix Enterprise Trial on SuSE 9.3.
I try to register, it responses the website
www.borland.com/products/downloads
But how to register!
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Rudiger
"zeljko" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >???????: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Rudiger wrote:

>I have tried installing Kylix 3 into SuSE 10.1.
>
>I have installed "GNOME/KDE menu items" during installation.
>
>But there is no menu items appear after restarting X Windows.
>

>I try "./startbcb" to start Kylix, but I get the error message:
>
>"/home/rudiger/kylix3/pro/bin/bcblin: relocation error:
>/home/rudiger/kylix3/pro/bin/libwine.borland.so: sysmbol errno, versin
>GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"
>

>How can I fix it?

You cannot fix it. Suse 10.1 uses glibc 2.4.
K3 IDE works with glibc < 2.4.

Re:Kylix 3 Enterprise supports SuSE 10.1?

Thank your for your help.
I have installed Kylix 3 into SuSE 9.3.
I have added these two lines to “Startbcb” script.
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.21
export LANG=en_US