Cannot connect to X server :0.0

2005-09-23 05:56:49 AM
kylix2
I written a daemon program in Kylix and occasionaly it needs to launch a GUI apps to show the progress of the daemon processes. The GUI program does not seem to be able to launch since it keeps getting "XLib: Connection to ":0.0" refused by server"
"XLib: No protocol specified"
"Cannot connect to X server :0.0"
I have googled and file quite a lot of article regarding this but none of them solves the problem. This is running under Linux Redhat 4 with kernel 2.6.11.
Any hints will be greately appreciated.

Re:Cannot connect to X server :0.0

Phap Lam wrote:

I written a daemon program in Kylix and occasionaly it needs to launch a
GUI apps to show the progress of the daemon processes. The GUI program
does not seem to be able to launch since it keeps getting "XLib:
Connection to ":0.0" refused by server"
"XLib: No protocol specified"
"Cannot connect to X server :0.0"

I have googled and file quite a lot of article regarding this but none of
them solves the problem. This is running under Linux Redhat 4 with kernel
2.6.11.

Any hints will be greately appreciated.
Remove Q** units from your daemon. X connection is needed by Qt2.

Re:Cannot connect to X server :0.0

zeljko < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Phap Lam wrote:
Do you mean that I should not use any of the Q** units from the Kylix?

>I written a daemon program in Kylix and occasionaly it needs to launch a
>GUI apps to show the progress of the daemon processes. The GUI program
>does not seem to be able to launch since it keeps getting "XLib:
>Connection to ":0.0" refused by server"
>"XLib: No protocol specified"
>"Cannot connect to X server :0.0"
>
>I have googled and file quite a lot of article regarding this but none of
>them solves the problem. This is running under Linux Redhat 4 with kernel
>2.6.11.
>
>Any hints will be greately appreciated.

Remove Q** units from your daemon. X connection is needed by Qt2.

{smallsort}

Phap Lam wrote:

zeljko < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Phap Lam wrote:
>Do you mean that I should not use any of the Q** units from the Kylix?

yes, and pls , learn how to use newsreader,quoting etc ..