Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

2005-02-02 05:41:45 PM
kylix1
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
unvclx.sf.net aka www.kylix-patch.de.vu

Looks great!
Thank you for your work :))
Siegs

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

I've fixed some iritating bugs in qt-2.3.2 which can be used by K3 with
CLX_USE_LIBQT=1 , and because we can use AA fonts in our Kylix apps via
QT_XFT=1.
1.QWorkspace fix (now we properly get focus on next MDI Child when top one
is closed.)
2.minor QTable fixes.
3.minor QWidget_x11 fixes.
4.minor QGroupBox caption fixes.
5.Borland qt-2.3.0 patches are also included.
I don't have any web space at the moment, so I can send patch to anybody who
wants it, by e-mail, or even qt-2.3.2 binary compiled on Debian 3.0 with
gcc-2.95-2.
Tested on:
Debian 3.0, RH9, FC1, FC2, FC3, Mdk 10.
cheers
zeljko

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:
I don't have any web space at the moment
Shall I upload it to sourceforge (my unvclx project) ?
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Thanks Zeljko!
Download them from here: www.theo.ch/kylix/

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

The Unofficial Kylix Patch homepage has undergone a complete rework. Now
it looks more modern and the content is also overworked. A new QThemed
unit is released, too.

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
The Unofficial Kylix Patch homepage has undergone a complete rework. Now
it looks more modern and the content is also overworked. A new QThemed
unit is released, too.

unvclx.sf.net aka www.kylix-patch.de.vu
tnx Andreas, I've already sent qt-2.3.2 patch and binary by e-mail to you,
so you can put it there also ;)
cheers
zeljko

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
The Unofficial Kylix Patch homepage has undergone a complete rework. Now
it looks more modern and the content is also overworked. A new QThemed
unit is released, too.

unvclx.sf.net aka www.kylix-patch.de.vu

Since you mentioned that a new QThemed unit was released this gives me
the opportunity to bring up a problem that I have. I tried the new
version and I still have the same problem.
Using either of the following:
Style: Current Theme
Theme: Luna or Silver
When a menu item has a right arrow similar to '>' then it's displayed as
a '4'.
i.e.
File
Import '>' NewzBin .NZB file
is
Import '4' NewzBin .NZB file
Is there a solution for this problem?
Corwin

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Hello Sir,
I've download your libqt and I've copied into /usr/lib, also I've set the
environement variable but when my app start it fail with an error,
something like not found the libqt.
What other operation I must do?
Thankx

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

raktoz wrote:
Hello Sir,
I've download your libqt and I've copied into /usr/lib, also I've set the
environement variable but when my app start it fail with an error,
something like not found the libqt.

What other operation I must do?
ln -s /usr/lib/libqt.so.2.3.2 /usr/lib/libqt.so.2
as root of course.

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

ln -s /usr/lib/libqt.so.2.3.2 /usr/lib/libqt.so.2

as root of course.
I use a different method. IIRC this was suggested by Andreas:
I Have a file in my library path like this:
unit AAQBindings;
interface
uses
SysUtils;
implementation
{$IFDEF LINUX}
uses
Libc;
procedure LoadQtLib;
const
QtShareNames: array[Boolean] of string = (
'libqtintf-6.9-qt2.3.so', 'libqt.so.2.3.2');
var
QtLibPath: string;
begin
// Get the path where the shared objects could be found.
QtLibPath := ExtractFileDir(ParamStr(0)); //This if libs in app dir
if not FileExists(QtLibPath + PathDelim + QtShareNames[true]) then
QtLibPath := getpwuid(getuid)^.pw_dir+'/kylix3/bin';
//or in ~/kylix3/bin..etc..
if (QtLibPath <>'') and (QtLibPath[1] <>PathDelim) then
QtLibPath := IncludeTrailingPathDelimiter(GetCurrentDir) + QtLibPath;
SetEnv('QT_XFT','1',1);
if dlopen(PChar(QtLibPath + PathDelim + QtShareNames[true]),
RTLD_LAZY or RTLD_GLOBAL) = nil then
if dlopen(PChar(QtLibPath + PathDelim + QtShareNames[false]),
RTLD_LAZY or RTLD_GLOBAL) = nil then
begin
// The BindHelp.pas unit will catch this error
//when it tries loading the
// shared object
initialization
LoadQtLib;
{$ENDIF LINUX}
end.
Then I my Project file, I call this as the first unit:
program Project1;
uses
AAQBindings,
QForms,
Unit1 in 'Unit1.pas' {Form1};
{$R *.res}
begin
Application.Initialize;
Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
Application.Run;
end.
Like this I can switch the libraries by simply commenting this out.
And you don't have to set a LD_LIBRARY_PATH this way.
Comments?
Theo

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

theo wrote:
I use a different method. IIRC this was suggested by Andreas:

I Have a file in my library path like this:

unit AAQBindings;
Andreas,
could you please put this Unit next to the updated qt-2.3.2 ?
Eugen

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Eugen Neuber schrieb:
theo wrote:

>I use a different method. IIRC this was suggested by Andreas:
>
>I Have a file in my library path like this:

>unit AAQBindings;

Andreas,
could you please put this Unit next to the updated qt-2.3.2 ?

Eugen
I took the Idea from his QBindings which is already published under
"Units / Components" on Andreas' Site
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

ln -s /usr/lib/libqt.so.2.3.2 /usr/lib/libqt.so.2
I have it, but I don't create it!....
With the link it don't work! Same error, I'll try the theo routine and I
feedback
Bye,
Raktzo

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Nothing, I ever have "undefined symbol: initPAnsiStrings"
Idea?
Thanx,
Raktzo

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

raktzo schrieb:
Nothing, I ever have "undefined symbol: initPAnsiStrings"

Idea?

Thanx,
Raktzo
If you use the script I've sent before, then put the
libqt.so.2.3.2 in the executable path or in ~/kylix3/bin or change the
script so that it can find the lib.
Probably check the file-access rights of your libqt.so.2.3.2