MacOS on Intel...

2005-06-07 02:39:05 PM
kylix2
So does anyone think, that this will breathe some additional life back
into the Kylix {*word*76} line?

Re:MacOS on Intel...

Dominique Louis wrote:
So does anyone think, that this will breathe some additional life back
into the Kylix {*word*76} line?
No.

Re:MacOS on Intel...

Dominique Louis schrieb:
So does anyone think, that this will breathe some additional life back
into the Kylix {*word*76} line?
Why should it?

{smallsort}

Re:MacOS on Intel...

theo in <42a5673f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Dominique Louis schrieb:
>So does anyone think, that this will breathe some additional life back
>into the Kylix {*word*76} line?

Why should it?

A lot of people seem to think that a Mac on Intel means Delphi on Mac.

Re:MacOS on Intel...

"Billb" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>theo in <42a5673f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Dominique Louis schrieb:
>>So does anyone think, that this will breathe some additional life back
>>into the Kylix {*word*76} line?
>
>Why should it?

A lot of people seem to think that a Mac on Intel means Delphi on Mac.

Porting a compiler to a new processor isn't that much work, porting a library like VCL/CLX is a lot more work. So this move of Apple won't change much ...

Re:MacOS on Intel...

Florian Klaempfl in <42a5c4bc$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

"Billb" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>theo in <42a5673f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>
>>Dominique Louis schrieb:
>>>So does anyone think, that this will breathe some additional life back
>>>into the Kylix {*word*76} line?
>>
>>Why should it?
>>
>A lot of people seem to think that a Mac on Intel means Delphi on Mac.

Porting a compiler to a new processor isn't that much work,
I disagree.
porting a library like VCL/CLX is a lot more work. So this move of Apple won't change much ...
I agree.

Re:MacOS on Intel...

"Billb" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Florian Klaempfl in <42a5c4bc$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>"Billb" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>>theo in <42a5673f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>>>Why should it?
>>>
>>A lot of people seem to think that a Mac on Intel means Delphi on Mac.
>>

>Porting a compiler to a new processor isn't that much work,
I disagree.
C:\fpc\compiler\arm>lines *.pas *.inc
6705 Lines
Without the machine generated inc files:
6111 Lines
It's the result of 4-5 weekends of work in summer 2003 :) I don't call this much work.
PowerPC:
10508 Lines
Sparc:
5668 Lines