Board index » kylix » Kylix3 and Debian 3.1

Kylix3 and Debian 3.1


2006-04-19 07:16:29 PM
kylix1
Installed Kylix 3 on Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.8
Starting Delphi IDE is possible, however C++ IDE cannot be started.
After compiling and running (F9) simple application with one TEdit
component of form, result is that application freeze.
After running the same compiled project using terminal, error is
following:
~$ ./Project1
./Project1: relocation error: ./Project1: undefined symbol:
initPAnsiStrings
Result of system testing:
~/borpretest$ ./testsystem
Borland Kylix System Compatibility Test
Checking loader....OK
Checking kernel>= 2.2....OK
Checking libc>= 2.1.2....OK
Checking libjpeg>= 6.2.0....OK
Looks GOOD !!!
This system should be able to run Borland Kylix!
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sasa
--
www.szutils.net
 
 

Re:Kylix3 and Debian 3.1

How did you get Kylix3 installed on Debian? I just get files reported 'Failed dependencies' which are in fact present, followed by the message 'Unable to install RPM file: ....'
Then the advice to consult apparently non-existent 'Technical Support'
Alan
"Sasa Zeman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote
Installed Kylix 3 on Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.8

Starting Delphi IDE is possible, however C++ IDE cannot be started.

After compiling and running (F9) simple application with one TEdit
component of form, result is that application freeze.

After running the same compiled project using terminal, error is
following:

~$ ./Project1
./Project1: relocation error: ./Project1: undefined symbol:
initPAnsiStrings

Result of system testing:

~/borpretest$ ./testsystem
Borland Kylix System Compatibility Test

Checking loader....OK
Checking kernel>= 2.2....OK
Checking libc>= 2.1.2....OK
Checking libjpeg>= 6.2.0....OK

Looks GOOD !!!
This system should be able to run Borland Kylix!


Thanks in advance for any help.

Sasa
--
www.szutils.net
 

Re:Kylix3 and Debian 3.1

Alan Brier wrote:
Quote

How did you get Kylix3 installed on Debian?
All components from first two Debian's CDs are installed. Kylix3
installation is performed following exact instructions from Kylix3 CD
and it is installed with administrator account. Non of additional
components from Kylix CD are installed (as is libc and libjpg).
Otherwise,installation will probably fail.
Unfortunately, I still can't create any binary without mentioned error
after execution. If you success, please let me know.
Sasa
--
www.szutils.net
 

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix3 and Debian 3.1

On Sun, 28 May 2006 01:42:57 -0700, Sasa Zeman wrote:
Quote
Alan Brier wrote:
>
>How did you get Kylix3 installed on Debian?

All components from first two Debian's CDs are installed. Kylix3
installation is performed following exact instructions from Kylix3 CD
and it is installed with administrator account. Non of additional
components from Kylix CD are installed (as is libc and libjpg).
Otherwise,installation will probably fail.

Unfortunately, I still can't create any binary without mentioned error
after execution. If you success, please let me know.

Sasa
Sasa
You need to set up your LD_LIBRARY_PATH prior to exexcuting the binary so
that the Borland QT libraries are found. This is normally done by writing
a wrapper script. E.g.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/kylix3/bin
/path/to/executable $*
This is documented in the deploy text file that comes on the CD
JohnK
 

Re:Kylix3 and Debian 3.1

JohnK wrote:
Quote
You need to set up your LD_LIBRARY_PATH prior to exexcuting the
binary so that the Borland QT libraries are found. This is normally
done by writing a wrapper script. E.g.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/kylix3/bin
/path/to/executable $*
Thank you Johnn. Seems that Kylix have similar script to be run before
IDE starts, but seems there is a problem to execute it.
I have inserted similar line in the system start-up script, regarding
to Kylix installation and projects can be run correctly. Only debugging
from IDE does not work - IDE freeze. After disabling the de{*word*81},
normal work can be done.
On Kylix CD are supplied libc files for several Linux systems, but not
for Debian. I hope debbuger will work after kernel downgrade to
required 2.2 and using it's libc 2.1.2. However, I hope there is an
easier way.
Thanks again.
Sasa
--
www.szutils.net
 

Re:Kylix3 and Debian 3.1

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:05:41 -0700, Sasa Zeman wrote:
Quote
JohnK wrote:

>You need to set up your LD_LIBRARY_PATH prior to exexcuting the
>binary so that the Borland QT libraries are found. This is normally
>done by writing a wrapper script. E.g.
>
>export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/kylix3/bin
>/path/to/executable $*

Thank you Johnn. Seems that Kylix have similar script to be run before
IDE starts, but seems there is a problem to execute it.

I have inserted similar line in the system start-up script, regarding
to Kylix installation and projects can be run correctly. Only debugging
from IDE does not work - IDE freeze. After disabling the de{*word*81},
normal work can be done.

On Kylix CD are supplied libc files for several Linux systems, but not
for Debian. I hope debbuger will work after kernel downgrade to
required 2.2 and using it's libc 2.1.2. However, I hope there is an
easier way.

Thanks again.

Sasa
This is one of the most useful sites for patching Kylix to get it to work.
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
There is a patch for the de{*word*81} as well, mentioned in threads in
borland.public.kylix.ide. E.g.
groups.google.co.uk/group/borland.public.kylix.ide/browse_thread/thread/8cdf21db2db631fb/cbd322440f32f15b
Regards
JohnK
 

Re:Kylix3 and Debian 3.1

JohnK wrote:
Quote
This is one of the most useful sites for patching Kylix to get it to
work.
There is a patch for the de{*word*81} as well, mentioned in threads in
borland.public.kylix.ide. E.g.
Thank you very much for you help John.
I hope that would be enough to get Kylix to work work correctly.
Best regards,
Sasa
--
www.szutils.net