Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 4

2006-02-26 05:30:09 AM
kylix0
Hi, all
I just found yet another bug in ptrce3, so I've just released ptrace4 in borland.public.attachments.
I thought ptrace3 was the last bug fix, but as Linus once said, it is time for some reverse psychology: I'm pretty sure this version doesn't fix the problem :)

Re:Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 4

--
Paulo Marques

Just for the record:
I've installed SuSE 10 today on my very old Asus M1000 notebook.
ptrace4 works equally well on the notebook as on my (quite old too) Asus
P4T-E.
I haven't encountered any problems so far, but not tested both extremely.
Thanks again!

Re:Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 4

Hi Paulo
If you allow, I'd like to give the ptrace patch a permantent home on my
website:
www.theo.ch/kylix/
OK?

{smallsort}

Re:Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 4

Not only I allow, I'll also thank you for it :)

Fine, thanks. It's here: www.theo.ch/kylix/suse10.html
Just be prepared to update it if a new fix comes along, as we're still
trying to figure out why it doesn't work for Siegfriedn and Hamid.

No problem. :-)

Re:Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 4

A "HelloWorld" test works as designed with Mandriva 2006. Thanks!
Now I can try developing something meaningful. Now... if I only had a
version of InfoPower for Kylix!
Paulo Marques wrote:
Hi, all

I just found yet another bug in ptrce3, so I've just released ptrace4 in borland.public.attachments.

I thought ptrace3 was the last bug fix, but as Linus once said, it is time for some reverse psychology: I'm pretty sure this version doesn't fix the problem :)

--
Paulo Marques

Re:Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 4

I am Lullaby3d
I forgot to say you i used Kylix3 C++
sorry

Re:Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 4

Hello Paulo
i used your ptrace4 in kylix3 C++ ( startbcb ) for debbuging a simple
application whith one form and one button. The de{*word*81} works fine !
But if i create a new thread and place a break point in the fonction
Execute() of the new thread, the de{*word*81} never stop on the break
point. It hangs kylix and kylix is KO.
Is ptrace4 the last version of your work ?
Thanks for your very good work.
Lullaby3d

Re:Workaround for kylix de{*word*81} - Take 4

Hoi
Your message is useful, but Theocan not see it, because your post is
invisible. You need to repost your message on the Borland news server to
make everybody see it.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>