Re: Active FORM in Kylix 3

2005-04-08 09:41:15 PM
kylix2
You could try IntraWeb which kind of works on Kylix. Or try and run a win32
IntraWeb application via wine on Linux. It has been said to work. I'm just
about to try it. Feedback would be welcome if someone tries this.
Regards,
Ben
"theo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Alain Bastien schrieb:
>Don't know JAVA
>
>I come from C++ Builder 4 where the ActiveX works fine but
>wrong guy or wrong question ???

As Chad said, ActiveX is Windows technology.
"Active Forms" don't work on Linux or Mac afaik and is not to recommend
anyway.

Use Javascript inside the HTML or a write a Java-Applet.
There are tons of resources on the web which show you how to do this.

Just ONE example (not tested by me):
www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Image-Map-Drop-Down-Menus/6002

Re:Re: Active FORM in Kylix 3

"Ben Trewern" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
You could try IntraWeb which kind of works on Kylix. Or try and run a
win32 IntraWeb application via wine on Linux. It has been said to work.
I'm just about to try it. Feedback would be welcome if someone tries
this.
There is a document on our website now how to deploy IW on Wine. We are also
investigating CrossCLX as an option for IW deployment.
Instant Web Applications with IntraWeb
Try a fully functional evaluation at:
www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/

Re:Re: Active FORM in Kylix 3

"Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in

--
Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - www.hower.org/Kudzu/
I searched for this article and could not find it, do you

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Active FORM in Kylix 3

"g_less" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
I searched for this article and could not find it, do you
have the link to this article?
www.atozed.com/intraWeb/faq/
Web Development causing you headaches?
Find relief at www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/

Re:Re: Active FORM in Kylix 3

"g_less" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
I searched for this article and could not find it, do you
have the link to this article?
Build Web Applications just like normal Delphi applications
with IntraWeb for Delphi 5, 6, 7, Kylix, C++ Builder 5, 6 and Java
www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/