Board index » kylix » Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3


2005-05-02 08:17:58 PM
kylix2
Have anybody infos about compatibility troubles between kylix 3 ide and
Suse 9.3?
I have very small fonts in menus and unusable ide cause wrong size and
position of both forms and toolbars.
 
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

marcus < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote
Have anybody infos about compatibility troubles between kylix 3 ide and
Suse 9.3?
I have very small fonts in menus and unusable ide cause wrong size and
position of both forms and toolbars.
I'm having the same problems on Suse 9.3 Pro. I remember having the same problems with 9.2, but I can't remember what I did to resolve that issue. Seems to me that it was something to do with wine, but can't remember.
Does anyone have any idea of what we can do to make fonts in the IDE behave?
Thx
Dave
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

marcus wrote:
..
Quote
I have very small fonts in menus and unusable ide cause wrong size and
position of both forms and toolbars.
look at an earlier thread 'Installed Kylix3. No fonts are visible in
IDE' on the 14/02/2005 in this same newsgroup...
have you tried that?
siegs
 

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

SiegfriedN < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote
marcus wrote:
..
>I have very small fonts in menus and unusable ide cause wrong size and
>position of both forms and toolbars.

look at an earlier thread 'Installed Kylix3. No fonts are visible in
IDE' on the 14/02/2005 in this same newsgroup...

have you tried that?

siegs
siegs,
I located that thread and followed some of the advice there. I now have some really strange behavior. I have fonts now showing up okay in the main windows, EXCEPT when I open a menu item, such as Editor preferences from the Tools menu. The dialog box for this area still has the tabs and fonts all messed up.
In addition, when I click on the controls tabs in the palette, when I click on one tab, the adjacent tab font changes. I'm seeing the fonts change back and forth and it's weird.
Any ideas?
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

"David Christensen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote

SiegfriedN < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>marcus wrote:
>..
>>I have very small fonts in menus and unusable ide cause wrong size and
>>position of both forms and toolbars.
>
>look at an earlier thread 'Installed Kylix3. No fonts are visible in
>IDE' on the 14/02/2005 in this same newsgroup...
>
>have you tried that?
>
>siegs

siegs,

I located that thread and followed some of the advice there. I now have some really strange behavior. I have fonts now showing up okay in the main windows, EXCEPT when I open a menu item, such as Editor preferences from the Tools menu. The dialog box for this area still has the tabs and fonts all messed up.

In addition, when I click on the controls tabs in the palette, when I click on one tab, the adjacent tab font changes. I'm seeing the fonts change back and forth and it's weird.

Any ideas?
I should also note that I've changed my screen resolution from my original 1600x1200, back to both 1280x1024 and 1024x768. My fonts listing in the Control Panel doesn't list Sans or Sans Serif. I have tried the SUSE Sans and SUSE Sans Serif, plus some others. Finally switched back to Arial and things seemed to get better. Now I've tried to adjust font sizes and I'm back to where I started. It's weird that the tab sizes also change along with the font sizes.
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

David Christensen wrote:
..
did you delete the .kderc after every time you changed the fonts before
starting Kylix?
siegs
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

About winesever, how to force kylix to use rpm wineserver?
Dave Christensen wrote:
Quote
marcus < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Have anybody infos about compatibility troubles between kylix 3 ide and
>Suse 9.3?
>I have very small fonts in menus and unusable ide cause wrong size and
>position of both forms and toolbars.


I'm having the same problems on Suse 9.3 Pro. I remember having the same problems with 9.2, but I can't remember what I did to resolve that issue. Seems to me that it was something to do with wine, but can't remember.

Does anyone have any idea of what we can do to make fonts in the IDE behave?

Thx

Dave
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

marcus wrote:
Quote
About winesever, how to force kylix to use rpm wineserver?
Almost impossible. I tried it last year.
unvclx.sourceforge.net/downloads/winepatch.tar.gz
But the code got never finished because the differences between old
wineserver and the new are too huge. Especially the library (DLL) linking
and loading.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen
(www.kylix-patch.de.vu - unofficial Kylix 3 patches)
(andy.jgknet.de/blog)
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

What method to detect if wineserver really causes kylix 3 ide troubles?
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Quote
marcus wrote:


>About winesever, how to force kylix to use rpm wineserver?


Almost impossible. I tried it last year.
unvclx.sourceforge.net/downloads/winepatch.tar.gz
But the code got never finished because the differences between old
wineserver and the new are too huge. Especially the library (DLL) linking
and loading.


 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

marcus wrote:
Quote
What method to detect if wineserver really causes kylix 3 ide troubles?
If you cannot reproduce the behavior in Delphi 5, than it is in 85% of all
cases the wineserver. ;-)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen
(www.kylix-patch.de.vu - unofficial Kylix 3 patches)
(andy.jgknet.de/blog)
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

Thank for help.
And what about 'casually' read address violation and/or inavalid image
size messages during ide starts?
I also get this when starting kylix from konsole
/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x083bbb70 ***
/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi: line 27: 7188 Killed
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Quote
marcus wrote:


>What method to detect if wineserver really causes kylix 3 ide troubles?


If you cannot reproduce the behavior in Delphi 5, than it is in 85% of all
cases the wineserver. ;-)


 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

marcus wrote:
Quote
/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x083bbb70 ***
/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi: line 27: 7188 Killed
I never had these bugs. But I'm using SuSE 9.2 not 9.3
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen
(www.kylix-patch.de.vu - unofficial Kylix 3 patches)
(andy.jgknet.de/blog)
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

marcus wrote:
Quote
Thank for help.
And what about 'casually' read address violation and/or inavalid image
size messages during ide starts?
I also get this when starting kylix from konsole

/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x083bbb70 ***
/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi: line 27: 7188 Killed
you are not alone ;)
Same here, glibc-2.3.4.
 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

I actually use Kylix 3 on SuSE 9.2... it runs smoothly (except small
solvable issues) :-)
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Quote
marcus wrote:


>/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi
>*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x083bbb70 ***
>/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi: line 27: 7188 Killed


I never had these bugs. But I'm using SuSE 9.2 not 9.3




 

Re:Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

Anyway I agree with Andreas about wineserver.
I think troubles with glibc are other stuff.
zeljko wrote:
Quote
marcus wrote:


>Thank for help.
>And what about 'casually' read address violation and/or inavalid image
>size messages during ide starts?
>I also get this when starting kylix from konsole
>
>/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi
>*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x083bbb70 ***
>/usr/local/kylix3/bin/startdelphi: line 27: 7188 Killed


you are not alone ;)
Same here, glibc-2.3.4.