Re: Cool! but

2003-07-07 02:45:26 PM
kylix0

Astounding conclusion considering D7 has outsold D6.

That's because it includes Kylix <g>.
-Michael

Re:Re: Cool! but

Kristofer Skaug wrote:
[...] Unlike Kylix, Delphi users had a stable and very usable previous
version to fall back on.
And that's the key idea why Borland may not release service packs for D7,
but MUST release service packs for Kylix 3.

Re:Re: Cool! but

Kevin wrote:
I've encountered a few issues with Kylix myself, but none of them have
been showstoppers that have prevented me from continuing development.
Happy man. How about memory leaks in the dbExpress drivers? Or Indy Server
components? ->It is impossible to write network server app that works with
Oracle or with TIdTCPServer. It just sooner or later acquire all system
memory.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Cool! but

Ender wrote:
Happy man. How about memory leaks in the dbExpress drivers? Or Indy Server
components? ->It is impossible to write network server app that works with
Oracle or with TIdTCPServer. It just sooner or later acquire all system
memory.
Are you using Kylix on versions of Linux that are supported by Borland?

Re:Re: Cool! but

Kevin wrote:
Are you using Kylix on versions of Linux that are supported by Borland?
Yes and no. I'm use Kylix and Kylix generated apps on supported and on
non-supported distros. Bugs are same.