Re: the end of the Kylix experiment ?

2004-04-06 08:26:55 PM
kylix1
Ender schrieb:

Only complete stupid may pay for buggy unfinished product which Kylix is
bright example. Linux developer are not stupids.
Thanks for the roses! I've been paying for it twice.
But I have a different theory: Only complete stupids keep saying that
working with Kylix is impossible, while the others just do their job
with it...

Re:Re: the end of the Kylix experiment ?

Ender wrote:

Only complete stupid may pay for buggy unfinished product which Kylix is
bright example. Linux developer are not stupids.
+1
--
Borland rulez pages.infinit.net/borland

theo wrote:
Thanks for the roses! I've been paying for it twice.
I'm in the same boat as you. However when i bought it i don't know that
it is so buggy. After all i expected that borland will fix it and i
bought sequent version. So foolish.
theo wrote:
But I have a different theory: Only complete stupids keep saying that
working with Kylix is impossible, while the others just do their job
with it...
I'm not saying that working with Kylix is impossible, but in certain
areas it significantly harder. For example Oracle dbExpress driver -
complete sh?t. I'm was *forced* to buy Core Lab dbExpress driver
because functionality i needed was too buggy. Precisely - memory leaks
on connection and disconnection to Oracle databases and work with BLOB
data.
I'm done my job with it but i spend far much more time, money and
neurons than expected.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: the end of the Kylix experiment ?

I'm not saying that working with Kylix is impossible, but in certain
areas it significantly harder.
Harder than what?
Lazarus? KDevelop? I don't think so.
I'm done my job with it but i spend far much more time, money and
neurons than expected.

That's normal. ;-)

Re:Re: the end of the Kylix experiment ?

i spend far much more ...
neurons than expected.
Neurons are not spent but trained in heavy duty. So be happy about what
you did <g>.
-Michael

theo wrote:
Harder than what? Lazarus? KDevelop? I don't think so.
Than Delphi. I'm expected at least same level of quality as in Delphi when i
told to my bosses that we should use Kylix because of good Borland's
reputation of maker Delphi line products. They ({*word*155} Linux C/C++
developers) laughing now at me.
Now i see my mistake. It was neccessary do everything in pure C++/Qt. Most
likely the time of finish was same, but no money and neurves expenses.