Kylix 3 Unofficial VisualCLX Patches v3.51 and v3.6

2004-10-01 02:36:42 AM
kylix1
After I updated the Kylix 3 Unofficial VisualCLX Patches from v3.4 to v3.51 and then to
v3.6 I've been getting complains about my Linux application crashing leaving the process
open. They are also getting the error message: An unhandled exception "Cannot focus a
disabled or invisible window (frmMain)" was caught!
After many hours of testing I still couldn't duplicate the problem until a user came up
with a way to duplicate it consistently. I would have never tried this but he suggested
that I try the following:
Open the application and open a dialog
Switch to another desktop and select another application in that desktop
Switch back to the desktop with your application
Click on the "OK" button to close the dialog
Every time that I've tried this the application crashes leaving the process active. The
only option is to kill the application.
I've also duplicated this problem using a dialog example that I found on the web.
I believe that I've isolated the problem to the QForms unit. I made a diff file comparing
v3.4 and v3.5.1 and found that if I comment out the following in v3.5.1 I don't have this
problem. But something I don't understand is that if I comment out either the ShowWidget
or HideWidget portion of the code below I also don't get this error.
+ if QObject_isWidgetType(Sender) then
+ begin
+ case QEvent_type(Event) of
+ QEventType_Show,
+ QEventType_ShowMinimized,
+ QEventType_ShowNormal,
+ QEventType_ShowMaximized:
+ ModalStackList.ShowWidget(QWidgetH(Sender));
+ QEventType_Hide:
+ ModalStackList.HideWidget(QWidgetH(Sender));
+ end;
+ end;
I suspect the problem is in one of the following procedures:
+{ TModalStackList }
+procedure TModalStackList.ShowWidget(Widget: QWidgetH);
+procedure TModalStackList.HideWidget(Widget: QWidgetH);
I would invite anyone using the Kylix 3 Unofficial VisualCLX Patches v3.5.1 or v3.6 to see
if they also have this problem. Even better would be if you could find a fix for this problem.
Thank you,
Corwin Burgess

Re:Kylix 3 Unofficial VisualCLX Patches v3.51 and v3.6

Corwin Burgess wrote:
Even better would be if you could find a fix for this problem.
That would be cool. I have not found a fix yet.
If you deactivate these function calls you loose the "allows non-modals
forms to be active while a modal-form is visible" feature.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Corwin Burgess wrote:

>Even better would be if you could find a fix for this problem.

That would be cool. I have not found a fix yet.
If you deactivate these function calls you loose the "allows non-modals
forms to be active while a modal-form is visible" feature.

Can I conclude that you have duplicated this problem? Until a fix is found would it be
better to use v3.4 or use v3.6 and make some kind of change to illuminate this problem?

{smallsort}

Corwin Burgess wrote:
Can I conclude that you have duplicated this problem? Until a fix is
found would it be better to use v3.4 or use v3.6 and make some kind of
change to illuminate this problem?
If you do not use a non-modal form while a modal form is visible (I have
never needed this) you can disable these functions without any effect.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Corwin Burgess wrote:

>Can I conclude that you have duplicated this problem? Until a fix is
>found would it be better to use v3.4 or use v3.6 and make some kind of
>change to illuminate this problem?

If you do not use a non-modal form while a modal form is visible (I have
never needed this) you can disable these functions without any effect.

Thanks for putting some 'light' on the situation although I meant to eliminate this problem.
Corwin

Corwin Burgess wrote:
Can I conclude that you have duplicated this problem?
No you cannot. I cannot reproduce it, I can only guess that something in
ShowWidget or HideWidget raises an exception and then no form will be
visible. I'll checking both functions now and add more security (less
assumptions).
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen