Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

2005-02-04 11:25:15 PM
kylix2
raktzo wrote:
Nothing, I ever have "undefined symbol: initPAnsiStrings"

Idea?
It seem that env. variable CLX_USE_LIBQT isn't setted up.
you must export CLX_USE_LIBQT eg:
export CLX_USE_LIBQT=1
and if U want AA fonts
export QT_XFT=1
Here is the list of distros that this combination is known to work "out of
the box".
1.Debian 3.0
2.RH 9.0
3.Fedora 1 ,2 and 3 , and Fedora Rawhide (should be Fc4)
4.Mandrake 9.XX , Mandrake 10
5.Slackware (my firend's feedback, don't know version , think latest
one. ..)
6.I've just tested DyneBolic 1.4 and Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7 and it works.
Just don't know anything about Suse 9.XX, but I think that it must work
also.
Don't forget that libqtintf-6.9.qt.XXXXX must be in your path also.

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

If you use the script I've sent before, then put the
libqt.so.2.3.2 in the executable path or in ~/kylix3/bin or change the
script so that it can find the lib.
Yet done
Probably check the file-access rights of your libqt.so.2.3.2
Sorry? executable flag on file? Yes, it have
But, don't work...:-(
Bye,
Raktzo

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

In a script I set
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to libqtintxxx path,
export CLX_USE_LIBQT=1
export QT_XFT=1
and I call the binary, but I've the error.
I'm using MDK10
Thanks,
Raktzo

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

raktzo wrote:
In a script I set
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to libqtintxxx path,
export CLX_USE_LIBQT=1
export QT_XFT=1

and I call the binary, but I've the error.
I'm using MDK10
it works on mdk 10 , you are doing something wrong , but try this :
0.Open an Xterm or Konsole or whatever......
1. make some new dir eg . mkdir $HOME/mylibs
2.Copy libqtintfsXXXX to $HOME/mylibs
3.Copy libqt.so.2.3.2 to $HOME/mylibs
4.ln -s $HOME/mylibs/libqt.so.2.3.2 $HOME/mylibs/libqt.so.2
5.export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/mylibs
6.export CLX_USE_LIBQT=1
7.export QT_XFT=1
8.Start your app from this terminal. It works ?
Are U using K3 or K2 ?

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

"raktzo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
In a script I set
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to libqtintxxx path,
export CLX_USE_LIBQT=1
export QT_XFT=1

and I call the binary, but I've the error.
I'm using MDK10

Thanks,
Raktzo
I had the same problem at first. I found that it would work if I put the
following files in the directrory
designated by LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
drwxrwxr-x 4096 Feb 4 14:10 ./
drwxrwxr-x 4096 Feb 4 14:09 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1335656 Jul 31 2002 libqtintf-6.9.0-qt2.3.so
lrwxrwxrwx 24 Feb 4 14:05 libqtintf-6.9-qt2.3.so ->
libqtintf-6.9.0-qt2.3.so
lrwxrwxrwx 14 Feb 4 13:48 libqt.so.2 ->libqt.so.2.3.2
-rw-r--r-- 8148632 Feb 4 13:20 libqt.so.2.3.2
However after I did this I found that the anti-aliasing fonts aren't all
that they're cracked out to me on my system (I tried it on Mandrake 9.1 with
KDE). With QT_XFT=1 the fonts no longer fit inside TButtons and Radioboxes
very well (the fonts are too wide). I suspect that the function that
TCanvas.TextWidth must not me returning the correct values when these
anti-aliased fonts are used.

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:
raktzo wrote:

>Nothing, I ever have "undefined symbol: initPAnsiStrings"
>
>Idea?

It seem that env. variable CLX_USE_LIBQT isn't setted up.

you must export CLX_USE_LIBQT eg:
export CLX_USE_LIBQT=1
and if U want AA fonts
export QT_XFT=1

Hi raktzo,
When you export variables in a shell script the variables are only set
for shellls that have spawned from the script you are running. (when you
run a script that starts with !/bin/bash a new shell is opened for that
script)
you can use the prompt..$ source myscript enter
or prompt..$ . myscript enter
'dot space myscript'
to make the variables also current to the current shell you are running
the script from.
I would suggest to put the variables in the /etc/profile file so that
all users have those variables set.
you can check if the variables are set by typing
prompt..$ echo $CLX_USE_LIBQT enter
this should return the value 1
all the best
Siegs

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

siegfriedn wrote:
Hi raktzo,

you can check if the variables are set by typing
prompt..$ echo $CLX_USE_LIBQT enter

Oops, sorry zeljko posted it to wrong node..
Additionaly..
remember for SuSE you must edit the /etc/profile.local file.
to make your changes take immediate effect also just
type ..# source profile enter
or dot space profile enter
Siegs

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:

Just don't know anything about Suse 9.XX, but I think that it must work
also.
to confirm..
Works well with SuSe 9.2 also
Siegs

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:

it works on mdk 10 , you are doing something wrong , but try this :

0.Open an Xterm or Konsole or whatever......
1. make some new dir eg . mkdir $HOME/mylibs
2.Copy libqtintfsXXXX to $HOME/mylibs
3.Copy libqt.so.2.3.2 to $HOME/mylibs
4.ln -s $HOME/mylibs/libqt.so.2.3.2 $HOME/mylibs/libqt.so.2
5.export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/mylibs
6.export CLX_USE_LIBQT=1
7.export QT_XFT=1
8.Start your app from this terminal. It works ?

Are U using K3 or K2 ?
Your instructions worked with Fedora Core 1 and a Kylix 3 application. I
also verified that it works with a script. That sure makes a big
difference. If I understand a previous reply then all I have to do to
use it with K3 is to add the AAQBindings unit to my projects. I'll have
to check that out.
Corwin

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Jason wrote:
However after I did this I found that the anti-aliasing fonts aren't all
that they're cracked out to me on my system (I tried it on Mandrake 9.1
with
KDE). With QT_XFT=1 the fonts no longer fit inside TButtons and
Radioboxes
very well (the fonts are too wide). I suspect that the function that
TCanvas.TextWidth must not me returning the correct values when these
anti-aliased fonts are used.
it's X problem , what xdpyinfo says about dpi values?

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

"zeljko" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Jason wrote:

>However after I did this I found that the anti-aliasing fonts aren't all
>that they're cracked out to me on my system (I tried it on Mandrake 9.1
>with
>KDE). With QT_XFT=1 the fonts no longer fit inside TButtons and
>Radioboxes
>very well (the fonts are too wide). I suspect that the function that
>TCanvas.TextWidth must not me returning the correct values when these
>anti-aliased fonts are used.

it's X problem , what xdpyinfo says about dpi values?

xdpyinfo says that I have 75 dpi X 75 dpi. Kylix's Screen.PixelsPerInch
says the same thing.

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Corwin Burgess wrote:
File
Import '>' NewzBin .NZB file
is
Import '4' NewzBin .NZB file

Is there a solution for this problem?
Sure. This will be fixed in the next release.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:
1.QWorkspace fix (now we properly get focus on next MDI Child when top
one is closed.)
Is this a fix for this bug you reported?
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/Forum/viewtopic.php
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>1.QWorkspace fix (now we properly get focus on next MDI Child when top
>one is closed.)

Is this a fix for this bug you reported?
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/Forum/viewtopic.php
yes..sorry..my mistake , it works ok without CLX_USE_LIBQT. So that's not
bug anymore in any case ;)

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>1.QWorkspace fix (now we properly get focus on next MDI Child when top
>one is closed.)

Is this a fix for this bug you reported?
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/Forum/viewtopic.php
Don't forget about corrected lines in QForms.pas ->ShowModal()
it should be :
if (ActiveWidgetWinID>= 0) and (ParentWidget<>NiL) and
(QWidget_isModal(ParentWidget)) then
QWidget_reparent(Handle, ParentWidget, WidgetFlags ,
@Pt,False);
Problem was in IDE since ParentWidget is Nil when we call eg. EditMask
editor or ImageList Editor and it causes an A.V . Now it's well tested and
works ok.