Snow

2004-12-19 11:48:35 AM
kylix2
Yipieee it's snowing in Switzerland! ens.ch/ens/cam/

Re:Snow

theo wrote:
Yipieee it's snowing in Switzerland! ens.ch/ens/cam/
That is really cool, but I think borland.public.off-topic would have
been a better place top post this.
Followup set.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"In any contest between power and patience, bet on patience."

Re:Snow

It is midnight here. And it has been snowing a lot. When I just went
outside, what I found weird is that everything is so light. They sky,
even at this time of day, is just an off-white and there is almost enough
light outside to read a book.
Only a while ago, we had full moon and clear sky, but the ambient light
was not nearly as good as what I just saw. Today, at four in the
afternoon (and no snow yet), it was much darker outside than it is now.
--
Rudy Velthuis velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you

{smallsort}

Re:Snow

Rudy Velthuis wrote:
It is midnight here. And it has been snowing a lot. When I just went
outside, what I found weird is that everything is so light. They sky,
even at this time of day, is just an off-white and there is almost enough
light outside to read a book.
Are you sure it's not just a flashback from all the LSD you took in your
younger, wilder days? :-)
--

At 00:40:08, 26.11.2005, Ronaldo Souza wrote:
Rudy Velthuis wrote:
>It is midnight here. And it has been snowing a lot. When I just went
>outside, what I found weird is that everything is so light. They sky,
>even at this time of day, is just an off-white and there is almost
>enough light outside to read a book.

Are you sure it's not just a flashback from all the LSD you took in
your younger, wilder days? :-)
Positively. Simply impossible.
--
Rudy Velthuis velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"I'm very proud of my gold pocket watch. My grandfather, on his

Rudy Velthuis wrote:

Positively. Simply impossible.
The flashbacks or the weird scenery? ;-)
--

At 02:05:40, 26.11.2005, Ronaldo Souza wrote:
Rudy Velthuis wrote:

>Positively. Simply impossible.
The flashbacks or the weird scenery? ;-)
No flashbacks possible, since I never used LSD or any other drug.
--
Rudy Velthuis velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"The average person thinks he isn't." -- Father Larry Lorenzoni

Rudy Velthuis wrote:
It is midnight here. And it has been snowing a lot. When I just went
outside, what I found weird is that everything is so light. They sky,
even at this time of day, is just an off-white and there is almost
enough light outside to read a book.
Lucky you, we had like a sneeze of snow thursday night, but its all
gone.. long gone..
Snow is a lot brighter than we all give it credit for, thats why skiers
often get burnt so much, very reflective stuff.
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but
Borland reserves the right to cancel posts at any time, for any
reason, without notice.

Re:Snow

Rudy Velthuis wrote:
But not only the snow reflected, the sky was very bright as well.
Yes, but part of that could be the snow reflecting upwards.
--

At 09:36:31, 26.11.2005, Liz wrote:
Rudy Velthuis wrote:

>It is midnight here. And it has been snowing a lot. When I just went
>outside, what I found weird is that everything is so light. They sky,
>even at this time of day, is just an off-white and there is almost
>enough light outside to read a book.

Lucky you, we had like a sneeze of snow thursday night, but its all
gone.. long gone..

Snow is a lot brighter than we all give it credit for, thats why skiers
often get burnt so much, very reflective stuff.
Now, we have approx 20 cm of snow, and it doesn't look as if it is going
to stop yet.
But not only the snow reflected, the sky was very bright as well.
--
Rudy Velthuis velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them."
- Ian L. Fleming (1908-1964)
--

At 10:38:19, 26.11.2005, Liz wrote:
Rudy Velthuis wrote:

>But not only the snow reflected, the sky was very bright as well.

Yes, but part of that could be the snow reflecting upwards.
Perhaps, or the clouds transporting light from the surroundings.
--
Rudy Velthuis velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Give me a museum and I'll fill it."

Rudy Velthuis a écrit :
It is midnight here. And it has been snowing a lot. When I just went
outside, what I found weird is that everything is so light. They sky,
even at this time of day, is just an off-white and there is almost enough
light outside to read a book.

Only a while ago, we had full moon and clear sky, but the ambient light
was not nearly as good as what I just saw. Today, at four in the
afternoon (and no snow yet), it was much darker outside than it is now.
The same here. I hope the snow will stay some days :p
--
Florent Ouchet
outchyscorner.blogspot.com/

"Martin James" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news:43889d00$1
@newsgroups.borland.com:
>No flashbacks possible, since I never used LSD or any other drug.

You do not consume {*word*63}?

Maybe he just skips the hookah of hash afterwards :-)
--
-Ray-
--
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but
Borland reserves the right to cancel posts at any time, for any
reason, without notice.

Re:Snow

No flashbacks possible, since I never used LSD or any other drug.
You do not consume {*word*63}?
Rgds,
Martin
--

At 18:37:47, 26.11.2005, Martin James wrote:
>No flashbacks possible, since I never used LSD or any other drug.

You do not consume {*word*63}?
I meant illegal {*word*110}. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife."