Fedora5 and Kylix3

2006-03-21 10:08:14 PM
kylix0
No way ... doesn't work ... seem that glibc 2.4** is too much for old wine
libs :(

Re:Fedora5 and Kylix3

zeljko schrieb:

So, if anyone is playing with FC5 and K3 , let me know please, I'll send
progress here (I'll try to write & preload missing symbols code).
Great Zeljko! Thanks.

Re:Fedora5 and Kylix3

zeljko wrote:
hm...I'm playing a bit around with wine 0.9.10 and K3 and it looks
promising
I hope you have more luck than I had two years ago.
unvclx.sf.net/downloads/winepatch.tar.gz
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

{smallsort}

Re:Fedora5 and Kylix3

zeljko wrote:
No way ... doesn't work ... seem that glibc 2.4** is too much for old wine
libs :(
hm...I'm playing a bit around with wine 0.9.10 and K3 and it looks
promising , no more screaming about glibc, about missing symbols in
libwine.borland.so (overwritten with wine 0.9.10 libs), now I have
PROCESS_InitWineLib missing symbol (it's not in wine source at least for 4
years) in delphi binary. BUILTIN32_RegisterDLL also screamed , but I've
fixed it with __wine_dll_register call and preloading of some wine libs so
bplvcl is not screaming about missing symbols.

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>hm...I'm playing a bit around with wine 0.9.10 and K3 and it looks
>promising

I hope you have more luck than I had two years ago.
unvclx.sf.net/downloads/winepatch.tar.gz
tnx, I'll use bormissing.c only, hope that we'll see some screenshoots this
weekend ;)

Re:Fedora5 and Kylix3

zeljko wrote:
No way ... doesn't work ... seem that glibc 2.4** is too much for old wine
libs :(
ok..after weekend playing around k3 and wine-0.9.10 conclusion is that k3
can be started with newer version of wine, but we need to know exact what
is the "correct preparation" of wine_init() call (seem that this is the
only bottleneck). I didn't found anywhere in wine documentation what is the
right way to init winelibs from ELF executable linked against wine libs.
Anybody ? wine developers ? ;)

Re:Fedora5 and Kylix3

zeljko wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>No way ... doesn't work ... seem that glibc 2.4** is too much for old wine
>libs :(

ok..after weekend playing around k3 and wine-0.9.10 conclusion is that k3
can be started with newer version of wine, but we need to know exact what
is the "correct preparation" of wine_init() call (seem that this is the
only bottleneck). I didn't found anywhere in wine documentation what is the
right way to init winelibs from ELF executable linked against wine libs.
Anybody ? wine developers ? ;)

My guess is that you've already seen this section in the Wine HowTo at
the following link but just in case here it is:
Wine HowTo
If your application used to work, but has since broken in a new version
of Wine:
www.winehq.com/site/howto
There's a section that involves regression tests with the CVS to find
out why an application won't work with a new version.
3.3. How to do regression testing using CVS
I also noticed your message on the comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
newsgroup. I hope the reason for no replies is the weekend.
Here's hoping for your success,
Corwin

Re:Fedora5 and Kylix3

Corwin Burgess wrote:
Wine HowTo
I've read that 10 times
If your application used to work, but has since broken in a new version
of Wine:

www.winehq.com/site/howto

There's a section that involves regression tests with the CVS to find
out why an application won't work with a new version.
that's not difference between old<->new version , that different of 5 years
in wine source code. So there's no reason for any regression tests, I just
need proper initialization of wine_init() (which is badly documented).
anyway thanks for answer :)
zeljko