wxwindows is dead...

2004-02-24 12:24:24 AM
kylix0
ms have still win...
wxwindows change it name for wxWidgets
wxwidgets.org/name.htm
wxwidgets.org/
soon will pay for write and said windows...
--
Borland rulez pages.infinit.net/borland

Re:wxwindows is dead...

JQP wrote:
"Marc Collin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:403a29c4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>soon will pay for write and said windows...

If Microsoft produced "msLinux", you wouldn't be outraged?

no
wxwindows exist before ms windows exist
--
Borland rulez pages.infinit.net/borland

Re:wxwindows is dead...

"Marc Collin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
soon will pay for write and said windows...
If Microsoft produced "msLinux", you wouldn't be outraged?

{smallsort}

Re:wxwindows is dead...

"Marc Collin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
no
Linus Torvalds might and justifiably so since he went to the trouble of
trademarking the "Linux" name.
wxwindows exist before ms windows exist
According to their web site, wxWindows has only been around since 1992. The
first version of MS Windows was released in 1983.

Re:wxwindows is dead...

news:403a2d09$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>no

Linus Torvalds might and justifiably so since he went to the trouble of
trademarking the "Linux" name.

Linux is not a generic name, windows yes
i will put a trademarking on Foods, Phones, Computers, Moneys... will be
rich
>wxwindows exist before ms windows exist

According to their web site, wxWindows has only been around since 1992.
true, (i thinking about another product...)
The
first version of MS Windows was released in 1983.
ms annonced Windows in 1983 but it go out in 1985
next time that will be x windows
stupid americain
money can buy everything
--

news:403a46a4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>i will put a trademarking on Foods, Phones, Computers, Moneys... will be
>rich

A trademark will not make you rich.

>stupid americain
>money can buy everything

Stupid Canadian
Thinks in stereotypes and has no clue what a trademark is.

crisse de sans dessin pense avec ta tÍte, morron
--

Peter Agricola wrote:
"Marc Collin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Linux is not a generic name, windows yes
>
>i will put a trademarking on Foods, Phones, Computers, Moneys... will be
>rich

Of course not.
You can use the word windows as you like, except as a trade-name for
software or other things wich might be confusing with MS Windows.
Or do you think wxWindows has to change the classname wxWindow, derived from
wxEvtHandler and ancestor of a lot of other classes, too?

every company that will use Foods, Phones, Computers, Moneys will be
charged...
that have no sens...
now will know why americain are the rized of the word and everybody hate
them
Peter

--

Iman L Crawford wrote:
"Peter Agricola" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :

>You can use the word windows as you like, except as a trade-name for
>software

Only in certain countries. MS lost the trial in the US when trying to
defend the use of windows as a trademark.

maybe because usa justice don't let him buy it...
--
Borland rulez pages.infinit.net/borland

Re:wxwindows is dead...

"Peter Agricola" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
You can use the word windows as you like, except as a trade-name for
software
Only in certain countries. MS lost the trial in the US when trying to
defend the use of windows as a trademark.
--
Iman

Re:wxwindows is dead...

Marc Collin < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
maybe because usa justice don't let him buy it...
Differenct rules for trademarks in different countries. In the US common
names are not trademarkable(sp?).
--
Iman

Re:wxwindows is dead...

"Marc Collin" wrote:
[snip]
please read
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html
Peter

Re:wxwindows is dead...

Peter Agricola wrote:
"Marc Collin" wrote:
[snip]

please read
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Peter

i know, the truth shocks
--

Iman L Crawford wrote:
Only in certain countries. MS lost the trial in the US when
trying to defend the use of windows as a trademark.
Actually, I believe the trial is just delayed a little bit while MS
appeals that particular bit to a higher court.
-Brion