Re: Yikes!!! Linux fried my hardware

2003-10-30 03:31:48 PM
kylix0
JQP wrote:
Linux is perfect. Anything to the contrary is FUD.
not necessarily, but when a drive manufacturer violates a standard and replaces
an innocuous command such as FLUSH_CACHE with something as potentially damaging
as UPLOAD_FIRMWARE the responsibility for the ensuing damage lies clearly at the
door of the drive manufacturer or driver author.
--
.. P.

Re:Re: Yikes!!! Linux fried my hardware

R.F. Pels wrote:
JQP wrote:

>"Bob { Goddard }" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:bnphfa$133abs$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>No, it's a confirmed firmware problem.
>>If you are trying to put the blame on Linux/Mandrake
>>then I'm sure there is a job for you with Microsoft
>>in their FUD department.
>
>LOL!
>
>Linux is perfect. Anything to the contrary is FUD.

Take a hike. If you don't know what you're doing or are to lazy to
read the fine manual, what are you complaining about?
Oh yes master "knowall" please be marcyfull to all of us knowing
nothing
litle people around you.
Now can you please be more civilized in this groups.
I for one do not apreciated this kind of tone from anyone.
Thank you.
Regards
johnnie.