Kylix Application Installer

2003-12-09 06:10:46 PM
kylix1
Hi everyone.
I'm developing Installer for Kylix applications, but to finish it I need few
beta testers.
If you're interested from that - please let me know as write me e-mail on
address:
SamSmithK'AT'hotmail.com
as you must replace 'AT' with '@' (cause of the spam)
Thanks in advance:
Sam

Re:Kylix Application Installer

Could you tell us what technology it's based on?
Does it handle different flavours of Linux (Suse,
Redhat, Debian, Mandrake)?
--
Arthur Hoornweg
(please remove the ".net" from my e-mail address)

Re:Kylix Application Installer

Hi, Arthur.
Yes - it works with almost all available Linux distributions + Multilanguage
support.
I want to made it as a free tool, to eliminate all the problems that are
connected with Kylix application deploy ( thousand of libraries, export
variables and etc. )
If you're interested - let me know on my personal e-mail address
SamSmithK'AT'hotmail.com
as you must replace 'AT' with '@'
and I'll provide you additiona linformation and pics.
Regards: Sam.
"Arthur Hoornweg" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Could you tell us what technology it's based on?
Does it handle different flavours of Linux (Suse,
Redhat, Debian, Mandrake)?

--
Arthur Hoornweg
(please remove the ".net" from my e-mail address)

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix Application Installer

I am using InstallMade ( superobject.com/installmade/ ).
Thadeu
"Sam" <SamSmithK'AT'hotmail.com>wrote:
Hi everyone.
I'm developing Installer for Kylix applications, but to finish it I need
few beta testers.

If you're interested from that - please let me know as write me e-mail on
address:

SamSmithK'AT'hotmail.com

as you must replace 'AT' with '@' (cause of the spam)

Thanks in advance:

Sam

Re:Kylix Application Installer

Sure, but it's not free.
Sam.
"Jose Thadeu Cavalcante" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am using InstallMade ( superobject.com/installmade/ ).
Thadeu

"Sam" <SamSmithK'AT'hotmail.com>wrote:

>Hi everyone.
>I'm developing Installer for Kylix applications, but to finish it I need
>few beta testers.
>
>If you're interested from that - please let me know as write me e-mail
on
>address:
>
>SamSmithK'AT'hotmail.com
>
>as you must replace 'AT' with '@' (cause of the spam)
>
>Thanks in advance:
>
>Sam

Re:Kylix Application Installer

Sam wrote:
Sure, but it's not free.

InstallMade, this Kylix-specific installer is free as in 'beer? A
little more than two years ago we started distributing InstallMade
for free to most anybody who request it and we are continue to do so
to this day. The main idea behind it was to increase acceptance of
Kylix. You can download it here:
www.superobject.com/installmade/order/
Developing, supporting and distributing complex application for free
can be a great burden for any company and cannot continue for a long
time .. There mast be a some sort of resources for development and
technical support for the free software, otherwise without sufficient
resources, it will likely end up abandoned. That's why at some point
we have decided to provide two versions of InstallMade one "free"
which helps a Kylix user to overcome deployment issues. The other
version of InstallMade is aimed for a developers who are willing to
support the projects.
These two versions the free one and the one for a fee are for the most
part identical in its function and purposes. The register users of
the Pro version also will receive installation support and hot bug
fixes. So every one has a choice, to get the free InstallMade OE
version or the more "free", but for a fee InstallMade Pro version.
Thanks to the enormous help and suggestions we have received from
InstallMade users. InstallMade was and is constantly improving. To
follow the current Linux development it is tested aggressively on
variety of systems and system configurations. InstallMade provides a
variety of options for deployment to chose from, for your Kylix 1 ,2
or Kylix 3 (C++/ Delphi) application. It can just in a few mouse
clicks create a self-installer, an RPM packages, the traditional
tar.gz archive with automatically created starter scripts and
instructions and LCR-packages capable of making a really small
deployment packages for network distribution, - this type of installer
actually checks the system for any existing useful libraries and reuse
them to make the Kylix program function, any missing libs or files
are automatically and transparently downloaded from a designated
secured web location. It also checks for and automatically resolves
any poetical conflicts between existing on the system shared objects
and those introduced by the installation process. This LCR
installation process will also detect, verify and utilize any shared
objects deployed with the free packaging projects kylixlibs
kylixlibs.sourceforge.net/ Finally, if you choose to, it can
create a one file compressed standalone executable which contains all
the necessary ingredients which are usually missing on a non-Kylix
system. It follows the Delphi *.exe concept "just copy and run it"
one file, non-installation deployment for your Kylix application.
juliusz
--
InstallMade - Kylix-specific installer/builder

juliusz wrote:
Sam wrote:

>Sure, but it's not free.

InstallMade, this Kylix-specific installer is free as in 'beer?
You can download it here: www.superobject.com/installmade/order/

It follows the Delphi *.exe concept "just copy
and run it" one file, non-installation deployment for your Kylix
application.

juliusz

I used this installer with pleasure some time ago. Sounds like you have
come a long way. Are you remaining hopeful about the future of kylix?

ken moffat wrote:

I used this installer with pleasure some time ago. Sounds like you have
come a long way. Are you remaining hopeful about the future of kylix?

Thanks, I am glad you like it. What future Borland is preparing for
Kylix, I don't know. What I know is that there is a large community of
Kylix users around the world and it is steadily increasing. Many of
the Kylix developers are utilizing InstallMade. We cannot predict what
will happen to Kylix but for a couple of years Kylix for sure will be
in use and we will do everything what is possible to provide an
adequate support for InstallMade, as any responsible company would do.
Linux is the only operating system which its user base is constantly
growing, in the same time it rapidly becoming technologically better.
To reflect this.. it is apparent, that any Linux product to remain
useful must be upgraded and maintained in a timely manner.
juliusz
--

juliusz wrote:
We cannot predict what will
happen to Kylix but for a couple of years Kylix for sure will be in use
and we will do everything what is possible to provide an adequate
support for InstallMade, as any responsible company would do.
Thank you.

juliusz wrote:
Sam wrote:
>Sure, but it's not free.

InstallMade, this Kylix-specific installer is free as in 'beer?. A
little more than two years ago we started distributing InstallMade
for free to most anybody who request it and we are continue to do so
to this day. The main idea behind it was to increase acceptance of
Kylix. You can download it here:
www.superobject.com/installmade/order/

<snip>
I requested it.... but didn't get an answer. Very bad. :-(

Stefan Weigand wrote:
I requested it.... but didn't get an answer. Very bad. :-(
Did you re-send your request? E-Mail doesn't promise guaranteed
delivery, especially in times of heavy spam attacks.
--
Eugene Mayevski
EldoS Corp., CTO

Stefan Weigand wrote:

I requested it.... but didn't get an answer. Very bad. :-(
I apologize for this; I have checked the logs and indeed your request
response was discarded do to error "exits boundary". So it look like
the email had some sort of attachment in it and was qualified by the
delivery CGI as a spam. I have forwarded to you manually the product
download info.
We are receiving every day hundreds of spam emails, and only small
percentage of this emails are actually valid request communication.
We are working to improve the delivery system and soon a new web base
system will be in place. For anybody who requested InstallMade and did
not receive it, please resubmit your request or in case of a problem
email me directly by removing the "_no_spam" string from my email
address.
juliusz
--

juliusz wrote:
Stefan Weigand wrote:

>I requested it.... but didn't get an answer. Very bad. :-(

I apologize for this; I have checked the logs and indeed your request
response was discarded do to error "exits boundary". So it look like
the email had some sort of attachment in it and was qualified by the
delivery CGI as a spam. I have forwarded to you manually the product
download info.

We are receiving every day hundreds of spam emails, and only small
percentage of this emails are actually valid request communication.
We are working to improve the delivery system and soon a new web base
system will be in place. For anybody who requested InstallMade and did
not receive it, please resubmit your request or in case of a problem
email me directly by removing the "_no_spam" string from my email
address.

juliusz

Juliusz,
thank you!
Stefan.

On 12/30/03 01:20 +0900, juliusz wrote:
the email had some sort of attachment in it and was qualified by the
delivery CGI as a spam. I have forwarded to you manually the product
Just as a point of interest, it's worth educating your CGI tool
that "smime.p7s" is a valid attachment on a message: it's a
digital signature and public key to set up encrypted mail exchanges.
trane
// Trane Francks XXXX@XXXXX.COM Tokyo, Japan

Trane Francks wrote:

Just as a point of interest, it's worth educating your CGI tool that
"smime.p7s" is a valid attachment on a message: it's a digital signature
and public key to set up encrypted mail exchanges.
Trane, thanks, it is a good idea, but I will do even better; now you
may download the free InstallMade Open Edition version directly.
www.superobject.com/imoe/
juliusz