Wow, Is Kylix Really Dead?

2003-11-07 01:18:40 AM
kylix0
I thought all this talk of Kylix being dead was overe{*word*277}d persons, but
then I encountered this little quip:
www.tempest-sw.com/
Look at the second paragraph down. Is this person in the know, or just
speaking foolishly? Can't believe what is going on lately.
--
Mike Vance

Re:Wow, Is Kylix Really Dead?

Mike Vance wrote:
Look at the second paragraph down. Is this person in the know, or just
speaking foolishly? Can't believe what is going on lately.
Ray is usually a very dependable source.
--
.. P.

Re:Wow, Is Kylix Really Dead?

Ray is usually a very dependable source.
That is what I was thinking, because of all the books he has written. I
can't believe his praise for C++BuilderX, though because it has
*NOTHING*. Really, NOTHING. I evaluated the wxWindows framework and
decided in favor of Delphi because my current app is Win-specific.
wxWindows is very wimpy compared to Delphi/Kylix.
>Look at the second paragraph down. Is this person in the know, or just
>speaking foolishly? Can't believe what is going on lately.

Ray is usually a very dependable source.
--
Mike Vance

{smallsort}

Re:Wow, Is Kylix Really Dead?

Mike Vance wrote:
www.tempest-sw.com/

Look at the second paragraph down. Is this person in the know,
Not more than everybody else. He asked a question regarding the future of Kylix
at BorCon and the answer did not satisfy him; see
groups.google.com/groups
Greetings, Robert

Re:Wow, Is Kylix Really Dead?

An afterthought:
If Kylix is not dead /yet/, spreading such claims will pretty sure make them
come true. A prototype self-fulfilling prophecy.