Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

2005-03-02 06:51:42 PM
kylix1
I want to create an image by code within a console mode program (actually a
CGI program) written with Kylix. How can I do that ? It looks like the
bitmap object works only within GUI application, making use of QT.
btw: I have a Delphi/Win32 version that works perfectly. I want to port this
code as much as possible.

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

Francois Piette [ICS & Midware] schrieb:
I want to create an image by code within a console mode program (actually a
CGI program) written with Kylix. How can I do that ? It looks like the
bitmap object works only within GUI application, making use of QT.

groups.google.com/groups

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

>I want to create an image by code within a console mode program
(actually a
>CGI program) written with Kylix. How can I do that ? It looks like the
>bitmap object works only within GUI application, making use of QT.

groups.google.com/groups
Thank you for the link.
Unfortunately, it is not a good solution for a CGI. I doubt that a hosting
company will appreciate to install QT and xvfb on their webservers.

{smallsort}

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

You can build a .bmp writing header and data.
Also you can take a look to libpng, but it's for C language only, you need
to translate...
Bye,
Raktzo

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

Try this
pngdelphi.sourceforge.net/
Bye,
Raktzo

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

Thank you for the link.
Unfortunately, it is not a good solution for a CGI. I doubt that a hosting
company will appreciate to install QT and xvfb on their webservers.

You might try GD:
www.boutell.com/gd/
If you're interested, I think I have some delphi code to show how to use it.

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

>Thank you for the link.
>Unfortunately, it is not a good solution for a CGI. I doubt that a
hosting
>company will appreciate to install QT and xvfb on their webservers.
You might try GD:
www.boutell.com/gd/
It looks like it is exactly what I was looking for !
If you're interested, I think I have some delphi code to show how to use
it.
I'm interested !

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

pngdelphi.sourceforge.net/
This is for reading a PNG file.
I'm looking a library to create images, that is draw pixels, lines, text.
Same capabilities as TBitMap.Canvas.
Theo provided a link to GD which seems to be what I'm looking for
(www.boutell.com/gd/)

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

You can build a .bmp writing header and data.
Yes, of course. I can also write a new compiler and why not a new OS !

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

offtopic
thank you for you very good ICS components :)

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

Yes, of course. I can also write a new compiler and why not a new OS !
:-)
Also a new CPU
Bye,
Raktzo

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

>If you're interested, I think I have some delphi code to show how to use
it.

I'm interested !
I am also interested !
Andrea

Re:Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

I am also interested !

Ask François, I'm sure he has an updated/improved version.