Newsletter

2005-08-25 09:39:59 PM
kylix0
IPowerDirect Now
The Marketing System Comes First; Then the Product
Vol. 1 Issue #10
August 29, 2005
Who We Are: IPD is a unique, one-of-a-kind three platform marketing system that can sell any product or service. It is made up of a management platform called iPowerDirect.net, a marketing platform called FreeMarketingSuite.com and a customer acquisition platform called FeederDirect.net. Membership is only a one-time fee of $5, which gives you complete access to all three platforms.
Email: XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Website: www.ipowerdirect.net
Reprint and Usage Rights: You may reprint or use any article in this newsletter however you may not alter the article or replace any of the hyperlinks whatsoever.
Membership: To become an IPD Member go online to http:///www.ipowerdirect.net. It costs a one-time fee of just $5. Access to all products/services of iPowerDirect.net requires membership.
ęCopyrighted 2005 iPowerDirect.net
** Table of Contents **
Special Offer
Quote for the week
Chatroom
Feature Article
Resource of the Week
Humor
Special Offers
** Special Offer **
AdSmile: Advertise to over 5,000+ safelists each week. We do it for you. We place your ad, we receive your email and we sign you up for membership in each list. We have four plans to choose from beginning at $29.97 for 2-million ad impressions/month!
AdBlast: Advertise to over 50,000 classified ad sites DAILY that haven proven to draw big business. We submit your ads daily for only $19.97/month!
** Quote for the Week **
Our greatest pretenses are built up not to hide the evil and the ugly in us, but our emptiness. The hardest thing to hide is something that is not there. Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)
** Chat Room **
Here are two programs coming soon:
AdPak: Advertise to our worldwide network of businesses and consumers.
Ad C.A.T.C.H.: Let us bring customers to your website. You tell us how many customers you want and we deliver them.
** Feature Article **
Press Releases: Not Dead, Just Evolved
By Harry Hoover (c) 2005
Mark Twain once said the rumors of his death had been greatly exaggerated. The same may be said for the press release. It's not dead, but its mission has evolved.
Those PR practitioners who are spreading these death rumors would have you believe that press releases should never be written, nor distributed. I take issue with this old-school thinking.
Now, inundating the media with press releases has not been a good practice since shortly after Edward Bernays opened the first PR firm in 1919. Any competent PR person has known for years that garnering media coverage almost never directly happens due to a press release. However, that is fodder for another article.
Let's talk about the evolution of the press release into a solid tool for helping organizations deliver key messages to multiple audiences in the digital age.
In the not-so-distant pre-Internet past, press releases were aimed solely at trade and consumer media outlets. The media acted as the gatekeepers, taking your information and making decisions about how, or if, to use it. Organizations today are able to bypass the media filter in a number of ways, thanks to the net.
Consider this: both journalists and consumers use the web for research. More than 550 million searches are done daily via the web. And, every month, US web-users conduct 27 million searches at Yahoo! News, Google News or other news search engines. According to recent surveys by Middleberg/Ross and the Pew
Internet Project, we learn that:
- 98 percent of journalists go online daily
- 92 percent do it for article research
- 76 percent to find new sources and experts
- 73 percent to find press releases
- 68 million Americans go online daily
- 30 percent use a search engine to find information
- 27 percent go online to get news
But you need to think differently about writing your releases in this new age. You can extend the power of your press releases beyond the media by positioning them for search engine pick up. In effect, your press releases become a long-lasting, online, searchable database about your organization.
Once properly written with both readers and search engines in mind, you need to distribute the release. PR Web?and PR Newswire are my two favorite ways to get the message out. Both services help you reach into the newsroom and beyond.
PR Web emails press releases daily to between 60,000 - 100,000 global contacts points. Journalists, analysts, {*word*137} writers, media outlets and newsrooms, as well as your average web users are signed up to receive this information. Also, it distributes releases via FTP, XML feeds and through a network of its own websites. PR Web-related sites are in the top 2,500 most visited sites. Every release sent out through PR Web is optimized for search engines, and PR Web guarantees your release will be picked up by Yahoo!, which is the number one most visited website on the Internet.
Does it work, you ask? Let me provide a recent example. I used PR Web to send out a release about my client Brent Dees and his Focus Four training for entrepreneurs. The editor of Leadership Excellence emailed me after seeing the release and asked Brent to write an article for his magazine.
The granddaddy of press release services is PR Newswire, which distributes directly into the central editing computers at daily newspapers, newsweeklies, national news services, trade publications and broadcast newsrooms. It reaches a total of 22,000 media points in the US alone. All releases are distributed to and archived in more than 3,600 web sites, databases and online services. Additionally, PR Newswire's website is in the top 2,000 most visited sites on the Internet.
Finally, let's take a look at the online media room. Its primary purpose is to provide journalists with easily accessible data about the organization, such as executive bios, earnings figures, key contacts and other solid, factual information. An organization also should place news releases here, particularly those aimed at key stakeholders like employees, strategic allies, and investors. Technology savvy consumers often visit online media rooms for the same reason journalists do: they expect to find factual information there.
Churning out releases and dumping them willy-nilly on the media is a dumb practice. But using releases as a strategic weapon to reach key audiences across the digital divide is smart PR. Practitioners who believe the news release is dead need to evolve, or they will be the moribund ones.
Harry Hoover is managing principal of Hoover ink PR
(www.hoover-ink.com). He has 26 years of experience in crafting and delivering bottom line messages that ensure success for serious businesses like Brent Dees Financial Planning, Focus
Four, Levolor, New World Mortgage, North Carolina Tourism, Ty
Boyd Executive Learning Systems, VELUX and Verbatim
** Resource of the Week **
Another neat resource for sending large files! This one comes with delivery confirmation.
www.DropLoad.com
** Humor **
John was on his way to the hospital with his 16-year-old daughter who was scheduled to undergo a tonsillectomy. During the ride they talked about how the procedure would be performed.
"Dad," the {*word*249}ager asked, "how are they going to keep my mouth open during the surgery?"
Without hesitation he quipped, "They're going to give you a phone."
** Special Offer **
Special Lead Program: Join Key2Net optin email leads free 30-day lead program and receive 2,000 optin email leads per day for 30-days. After 30-days it cost a one-time fee of $29.95 for 2,000 optin email leads per day for the rest of the year. Think about it; 2,000 leads per day x 365-days = 730,000 optin email leads for only $29.95!!! But here is the best part; send the 2,000 leads you receive from Key2Net daily to us at XXXX@XXXXX.COM and we will send you back over 50,000 leads per day. Now you have the original 730,000 leads + 50,000 x 365 = 19,710,000 and all for just $29.95. NOTE: THIS OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO IPOWERDIRECT SUBSCRIBERS! To join Key2Net click here:
www.key2net.net/
---
MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050824043646H8h6JhY7