Code error

2005-12-01 12:00:40 AM
kylix2
time.h is giving me so many errors its unreal (Kylix 3)
typedef __clock_t clock_t; // line 61
__USING_NAMESPACE_STD(clock_t) // line 63
I've installed the update, what gives?

Re:Code error

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
John Meyer wrote:

>time.h is giving me so many errors its unreal (Kylix 3)

In the project's include paths, move /usr/include to the very top.

HTH

Jonathan

Thanks, but now I'm getting an error on the compiler.h file
# define __builtin_warning(x, y...) (1)
Gives me an invalid macro arguement seperator error, plus there's an
undefined symbol exception error in project1.cpp

Re:Code error

John Meyer wrote:
time.h is giving me so many errors its unreal (Kylix 3)
In the project's include paths, move /usr/include to the very top.
HTH
Jonathan

{smallsort}

Re:Code error

John Meyer wrote:
Thanks, but now I'm getting an error on the compiler.h file

# define __builtin_warning(x, y...) (1)

Gives me an invalid macro arguement seperator error, plus there's an
undefined symbol exception error in project1.cpp
Did you write this code on Kylix, or on another C++ compiler and are
porting it to Kylix ?
Jonathan

Re:Code error

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
John Meyer wrote:

>Thanks, but now I'm getting an error on the compiler.h file
>
># define __builtin_warning(x, y...) (1)
>
>Gives me an invalid macro arguement seperator error, plus there's an
>undefined symbol exception error in project1.cpp

Did you write this code on Kylix, or on another C++ compiler and are
porting it to Kylix ?

Jonathan

It was written on Kylix. Heck, I didn't even touch the compiler.h file

Re:Code error

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
John Meyer wrote:

>It was written on Kylix. Heck, I didn't even touch the compiler.h
>file

Yeah, sometimes you have to fiddle to get Kylix to work. I've done it
successfully though, so I'd give it a shot.

What distro are you running?

Jonathan

Opensuse 10

Re:Code error

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
John Meyer wrote:

>Opensuse 10

Well I've been able to get Kylix 3 to work on Suse 9.2, so I think that we
should be able to solve this.

Is compiler.h in /usr/include ?

Jonathan

/usr/include/linux/compiler.h

Re:Code error

John Meyer wrote:
/usr/include/linux/compiler.h
Ok, is there a compiler.h inside the Kylix include dir ?
Jonathan

Re:Code error

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
John Meyer wrote:

>/usr/include/linux/compiler.h

Ok, is there a compiler.h inside the Kylix include dir ?

Jonathan

Nope. It brings it in (I guess from the linux directory), but I can't
comprehend that error (and I searched the newsgroups archives)

Re:Code error

John Meyer wrote:
Nope. It brings it in (I guess from the linux directory), but I can't
comprehend that error (and I searched the newsgroups archives)
Ok, get this and install it:
rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/7.3/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2.i386.rpm
Once installed, make sure that it's include dir is above /usr/include in
the Kylix include paths.
Jonathan

Re:Code error

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
John Meyer wrote:

>Nope. It brings it in (I guess from the linux directory), but I can't
>comprehend that error (and I searched the newsgroups archives)

Ok, get this and install it:
rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/7.3/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2.i386.rpm

Once installed, make sure that it's include dir is above /usr/include in
the Kylix include paths.

Jonathan

rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/ is as far as I can get. It lists beta,
enterpise, preview, rawhide, and updates as directories, but no 7.3

Re:Code error

John Meyer wrote:
rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/ is as far as I can get. It lists beta,
enterpise, preview, rawhide, and updates as directories, but no 7.3
That is crazy, it works for me, in both IE and FileZilla.
Jonathan

Re:Code error

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
John Meyer wrote:

>rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/ is as far as I can get. It lists beta,
>enterpise, preview, rawhide, and updates as directories, but no 7.3

That is crazy, it works for me, in both IE and FileZilla.

Jonathan

I put up the snapshot in borland.public.attachments as to what it looks
like (using firefox)