performance testing

2005-03-26 11:26:25 PM
kylix0
hi, how to compile the kylix appliction so it will output the profile data
like this:
gcc -pg -o...

Re:performance testing

js wrote:
gcc -pg -o...
Kylix does not have any integrated profiler support.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:performance testing

Thanks Andreas,
how about the gdb debuger support?
when I run it: gdb myapp
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/myapp
Segmentation fault(core dumped)
can I use gdb to run it? Thanks,

{smallsort}

Re:performance testing

js wrote:
can I use gdb to run it? Thanks,
Yes but then you must say the compiler that you want gdb debug data. There
is a command line option. You can find out what option it is by opening a
the Project/Options/Linker dialog and select "GDB Debug" or so, save the
project and then you can see the parameter in the .conf file.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:performance testing

Thanks Andreas,
"Andreas Hausladen" wrote in message
>can I use gdb to run it? Thanks,

Yes but then you must say the compiler that you want gdb debug data. There
is a command line option. You can find out what option it is by opening a
the Project/Options/Linker dialog and select "GDB Debug" or so, save the
project and then you can see the parameter in the .conf file.

I don't see the "GDB Debug" option in the Linker dialog. I'm use Kylix3 for
Delphi.
Please advice again.

Re:performance testing

js wrote:
I don't see the "GDB Debug" option in the Linker dialog. I'm use Kylix3
for Delphi.
Please advice again.
I'm currently under Windows and do not want to reboot into Linux. So I
guess: "External debug information".
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:performance testing

Thanks for the help.
I have included stabS and External Debug both options. But when I run it,
still got Segmentation fault (core dumped)
(gdb) file /usr/local/myapp
Reading symbols from /usr/local/myapp...done.
(gdb)run
starting program: /usr/local/myapp
Segmentaion fault (core dumped)
(gdb) backtrace