Conversion QWhatsThis_add from qt2 to Qt3Clx

2006-03-17 01:05:20 PM
kylix2
Hi,
I am trying to convert a dynamically created form with code like this
for every TWidgetControl descendant control
Qt.QWhatsThis_add(Edit1.Handle, @(Edit1.Hint)); // for qt2
In QtLibrary I found the QWhatsThisH class with a class procedure named
"add".
I am not sure how and when I must create/free the QWhatsThisH object.
I hope I can do something like this:
with ???QWhatsThisH_object??? do
begin
add(Edit1.Handle, Edit1.Hint); // for Qt3Clx
add(Edit2.Handle, Edit2.Hint);
Thanks for any help or direction
Arnaldo Braun
PS. The forms are dynamically created a lot of times

Re:Conversion QWhatsThis_add from qt2 to Qt3Clx

You'd better ask here:
andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/Forum/

Arnaldo Braun wrote:

I am trying to convert a dynamically created form with code like this
for every TWidgetControl descendant control

Qt.QWhatsThis_add(Edit1.Handle, @(Edit1.Hint)); // for qt2

In QtLibrary I found the QWhatsThisH class with a class procedure named
"add".

I am not sure how and when I must create/free the QWhatsThisH object.

I hope I can do something like this:
with ???QWhatsThisH_object??? do
begin
add(Edit1.Handle, Edit1.Hint); // for Qt3Clx
add(Edit2.Handle, Edit2.Hint);
Exact like this , per form , so during form creation you have to fill
whatsthis_object.

Thanks for any help or direction

Arnaldo Braun

PS. The forms are dynamically created a lot of times
then you have to create whatthis each time you create the form.

{smallsort}

Re:Conversion QWhatsThis_add from qt2 to Qt3Clx

zeljko wrote:
Arnaldo Braun wrote:

...snip...

Exact like this , per form , so during form creation you have to fill
whatsthis_object.

OK, after carefully reading about "class function" I better understood
the functionality... I don't need create a object instance, only
reference the class.

then you have to create whatthis each time you create the form.

OK. I was worrying about eventual memory leakage...
Thanks a lot
Arnaldo