Unofficial VisualCLX patch 3.8 released

2005-03-26 08:43:20 PM
kylix1
The Unofficial VisualCLX patch 3.8 is now released.
unvclx.sf.net
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Unofficial VisualCLX patch 3.8 released

The new Unofficial VisualCLX Patch 3.8 is released. It contains lots of
completely rewritten patches. It is tested with my test applications,
Kylix IDE, Delphi IDE, FastReport CLX, OpenQBuilder (converted to CLX)
and some other larger CLX applications. I tried to make it the most stable
version of the patches since version 0.1 and it looks really promissing.
* Windows only: The application window (taskbar button) works like the VCL
equivalent. So don't forget to set the application's title in the
Project/Options dialog because this is now used under Windows.
This also fixed the z-order problem because the main form is now in the
same z-order list where the other formulars are.
If you activate the application under Linux all visible formulars are
brought to front.
* Focus-patch rewritten: OnEnter/OnExit works as expected (like VCL). For
example: If you set the focus in OnExit to another control then you
cannot click on a button. This was possible with the original CLX.
* Activate/Deactivare-patch rewritten: OnActivate/OnDeactivate work as
expected. The Active property is now updated correctly.
* OnResize is now triggered after OnCreate. This was the reason why many
formular based tools/components (e.g. FastReport) had not worked anymore
with a patched CLX.
* Some bugfixes for the new TImageList and the mask of a streamed image
list is now loaded correctly. The original code ignored the mask and
replaced it by a DefaultMask (equal to TransparentMode := tmAuto).
* Formular bounds and MDIChild bounds-patch is rewritten. MDIChilds with a
TMainMenu have the correct height.
* Resetting ShowHint has the same effect as in VCL: It hides the hint
window
and let it appear after a mouse move (this was missing).
* OnHide, OnShow, OnActivate and OnDeactivate are in try/except blocks to
avoid hidden modal forms (VCL behaviour).
* "Form.Parent := AnotherForm" only embeds the form in the parent if
BorderStyle is fbsNone. Otherwise the form will stay on top of the
parent form. (downward compatibility to original CLX).
* ShowModal blocks all input events of already shown formulars.
(VCL behaviour).
--

Andreas Hausladen schrieb:
The Unofficial VisualCLX patch 3.8 is now released.

unvclx.sf.net

Thank you Andreas.
I've installed it, perfect!
I hope it was not the last thing you did for Kylix.
Although Kylix seems abandoned, I've still al lot of fun using it right
now for a commercial cross-platform project.
There's still no replacement for it, Lazarus isn't, Mono isn't and
KDevelop isn't.
Thank you
Theo

{smallsort}

Re:Unofficial VisualCLX patch 3.8 released

Thanks!
And how are you doing with QT3 Kylix? News are?

Re:Unofficial VisualCLX patch 3.8 released

Mr. Hausladen, I would like to say "thank you" for your effort.
Good wishes to you...
Hür AKDÜLGER