Dear Borland's: If no Kylix on Linux: no Delphi on Windows!

2003-11-11 08:08:57 PM
kylix2
Hello dear Borland's,
the point is:
If someone develop with Delphi on Windows, he want
also support Linux wiht my same applications and source ...
If this is not possible:
then DELPHI on Windows is a bad solution ->AND:
if you don't support KYLIX then i see,
you don't want longer support DELPHI !
This is the first time, i see, that developing with DELPHI
could be a wrong way for me, and perhaps it would be better to use
Visual C from Microsoft. In many cases it was hard to
develop near api-things with DELPHI, or MS-Office apps,
you know: win32-Help written for C-User, and so on, and so on
It's easier to translate C++ to Linux, as Delphi-Pascal!
conclusio:
For Java, i don't need Borland, vor C++ or C# i don't need Borland,
BUT FOR DELPHI and KYLIX i need BORLAND!
best regards
Gerhard

Re:Dear Borland's: If no Kylix on Linux: no Delphi on Windows!

Gerhard Knapp schrieb:
Hello dear Borland's,
the point is:
If someone develop with Delphi on Windows, he want
also support Linux wiht my same applications and source ...

If this is not possible:
then DELPHI on Windows is a bad solution ->AND:
if you don't support KYLIX then i see,
you don't want longer support DELPHI !
Hmm, not fully agree, because delphi has not such a big community in
linux like the huge one in windows. But in my opinion delphi developes
itself into a "pascal for .net", and therefore it will be only
successfull, if .net will be a success. With the moneypower of Microsoft
and the spreading of Windows i think .net will be a success, so delphi
will staying alive. But not in linux. So therefore it makes not much
sense for borland to support delphi on linux more than now (ahemm...)
regards, Jens