Simon, thanks for the fun

2004-08-16 06:20:20 PM
kylix0
What I do for living.
1. Windows applications with Delphi.
Doing windows development any other
way is plain stupid.
2. Plain C with embeded SQL on Oracle/Solaris.
What I am doing for fun.
Reuse my special purpose engine developed
with Delphi (since I know my data, I beat
Oracle by order of magnitude) on Linux in
Kylix CGI apps.
Since it is for fun, I can't afford to put serious time
in CGI code, I only can reuse my real work code.
So, it has to be object pascal,
and my ISP configuration and policy
makes Kylix CGI deployment impossible.
Only thing I can do is to prepare code for
FPC, and that is no FUN. And FPC
create mutch slower code than Kylix.
Without Simons efforts, there will be NO FUN for me.
Two things he did, loader hack and
pseudo cross compilation from windows is
exactly what I needed to have real FUN.

Re:Simon, thanks for the fun

Hrvoje Brozovic wrote:
Only thing I can do is to prepare code for
FPC, and that is no FUN. And FPC
create mutch slower code than Kylix.
And FPC does not support all the features Kylix offers. (Except the
operator overloading which Kylix does not know.)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen