New Hardware

2007-07-12 05:49:01 AM
kylix0
I've bought a new computer.
Now I'can't run OpenSuSE 10 anymore. I can install it with Sata -
compatible mode, but all the rest ist not working well either
(Framebuffer Graphics, no Network, no USB etc.).
I'm not the kernel-guru to fix all this.
I didn't even try to install K3 on SuSE 10.2, Mandriva Spring 2007 etc.
What can I do? Is there a distro which is running on i965 Chipset with
Intel GMA X3000 AND still runs K3?
Virtualization? What do you recommend?
Thanks

Re:New Hardware

theo wrote:
I've bought a new computer.
Now I'can't run OpenSuSE 10 anymore. I can install it with Sata -
compatible mode, but all the rest ist not working well either
(Framebuffer Graphics, no Network, no USB etc.).
I'm not the kernel-guru to fix all this.
I didn't even try to install K3 on SuSE 10.2, Mandriva Spring 2007 etc.

What can I do? Is there a distro which is running on i965 Chipset with
Intel GMA X3000 AND still runs K3?
Fedora 7 (out of the box) ;)
Virtualization? What do you recommend?
Yeah, there's no way to run K3 on any distro with glibc>2.3.6,
so virtualization or even chroot (I'm thinking about this one but didn't try
yet).
P.S: Look at the qt4 progress in lazarus (looks very promising).
cheers
zeljko

Re:New Hardware

Fedora 7 (out of the box) ;)
Mmmh, sure.... ;-)

Yeah, there's no way to run K3 on any distro with glibc>2.3.6,
so virtualization or even chroot (I'm thinking about this one but didn't try
yet).
I'll try virtualization. WmWare, XEN, Bochs?

P.S: Look at the qt4 progress in lazarus (looks very promising).

Yeah, I saw it. Looks better now.
But I have always SIGSEGV in qtobjects Line 435:
constructor TQtImage.Create(Adata: PByte; width: Integer; height:
Integer; format: QImageFormat);
begin
if Adata = nil then
Handle := QImage_create(width, height, format)
else
Handle := QImage_create(AData, width, height, format); <--GDB
{$ifdef VerboseQt}
WriteLn('TQtImage.Create Result:', dbghex(PtrInt(Handle)));
{$endif}
end;
Oops, wrong forum...;-)

{smallsort}

Re:New Hardware

theo wrote:

>Fedora 7 (out of the box) ;)

Mmmh, sure.... ;-)

>Yeah, there's no way to run K3 on any distro with glibc>2.3.6,
>so virtualization or even chroot (I'm thinking about this one but didn't
>try yet).
I'll try virtualization. WmWare, XEN, Bochs?

>P.S: Look at the qt4 progress in lazarus (looks very promising).

Yeah, I saw it. Looks better now.

But I have always SIGSEGV in qtobjects Line 435:

constructor TQtImage.Create(Adata: PByte; width: Integer; height:
Integer; format: QImageFormat);
begin
if Adata = nil then
Handle := QImage_create(width, height, format)
else
Handle := QImage_create(AData, width, height, format); <--GDB

{$ifdef VerboseQt}
WriteLn('TQtImage.Create Result:', dbghex(PtrInt(Handle)));
{$endif}
end;

Oops, wrong forum...;-)
I would like to answer to you, but got wrong e-mail address ... cannot send.
zeljko

Re:New Hardware

"theo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Virtualization? What do you recommend?
VMware 6 + Mandrake + K3 runs here.

Re:New Hardware

I've tried Virtualbox now.
host: OpenSuse 10.2
guest: SuSE 10.0
Seems to work.

Re:New Hardware

Virtualization? What do you recommend?
I am using CentOS4.
It will be supported until Feb. 29, 2012.
www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php
Until then, Lazarus/FPC will be matured than Kylix3.
Haruyuki Fujimaki

Re:New Hardware

Haruyuki FUJIMAKI schrieb:

I am using CentOS4.
It will be supported until Feb. 29, 2012.
www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php
Until then, Lazarus/FPC will be matured than Kylix3.
What do you mean? CentOS4 supports i965 AND runs K3-IDE?

Re:New Hardware

What do you mean? CentOS4 supports i965 AND runs K3-IDE?
uh-oh, I should have read it carefully.
Sorry, I do not know.
Fujimaki

Re:New Hardware

theo schrubte am Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2007 23:49:
Virtualization? What do you recommend?

I'm using VMWare-Server and DamnSmallLinux as Guest, and then running Kylix
via SSH-X. It runs very fine (except some keycode-problems with
AltGr-Key-Combos (german keyboard)).
regards, Jens
--
Die oben angegebene Adresse ist OK, wird aber nicht gelesen. Wenn direkter
Mailkontakt gewŁnscht wird, bitte spamtrap gegen jens<punkt>nixdorf

Re:New Hardware

theo wrote:
What can I do? Is there a distro which is running on i965 Chipset with
Intel GMA X3000 AND still runs K3?
We can install Mandriva 2006 on very recent machines (Dell Core 2 Duo's),
thanks to a special boot CD (Mandriva 2006 Core Updates),
before inserting the original Power Pack DVD. ->No SATA problems
If you do not have this, the Mandriva One may probably be recent enough.
Easy to see how compatible it is, it is a live CD.
I do not know about the i965.
regards,
Den Jean