Kylix in FreeBSD

2006-11-24 10:27:06 AM
kylix1
Hi, anyone...
I just got a job in a FreeBSD shop. Will Kylix work on this.
They are planning to move to Red Hat in a while...

Re:Kylix in FreeBSD

Colin B Maharaj wrote:
Hi, anyone...
I just got a job in a FreeBSD shop. Will Kylix work on this.
no.

Re:Kylix in FreeBSD

On 2006-11-24, Colin B Maharaj < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I just got a job in a FreeBSD shop. Will Kylix work on this.
They are planning to move to Red Hat in a while...
FreeBSD has a pretty decent Linux emulation capable of running pretty much
anything.
There was a prepacked port for Kylix even (I got offered maintainer
ship after the original maintainer left because I was maintaining the only
other package that grepped on "pascal"). A web search for the terms "kylix
freebsd" might turn up more info.
I can vaguely remember the de{*word*81} not working though.

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix in FreeBSD

On 2006-11-24, zeljko < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Colin B Maharaj wrote:

>Hi, anyone...
>I just got a job in a FreeBSD shop. Will Kylix work on this.

no.
Did you try?

Re:Kylix in FreeBSD

On 2006-11-24, zeljko < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Colin B Maharaj wrote:
>
>>Hi, anyone...
>>I just got a job in a FreeBSD shop. Will Kylix work on this.
>
>no.

Did you try?
yes, with emulation you mentioned above :)

Re:Kylix in FreeBSD

zeljko wrote:
Marco van de Voort wrote:

>On 2006-11-24, zeljko < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>Colin B Maharaj wrote:
>>
>>>Hi, anyone...
>>>I just got a job in a FreeBSD shop. Will Kylix work on this.
>>
>>no.
>
>Did you try?

yes, with emulation you mentioned above :)
Kylix works fine in M2006.
In M2007 we use Xen + M2006 guest.
The display of the guest is exported to the
host. You do not notice a difference.
Maybe you can do this in FreeBSD aswell ?
The generated programs should work under emulation.
(whilst programming your programs run in linux though)

Re:Kylix in FreeBSD

The generated programs should work under emulation.
(whilst programming your programs run in linux though)
Generated programs works w/o any problem on FreeBSD (emulation).