indy. UDP Client.

2005-03-07 06:05:57 PM
kylix0
Has anyone had any success getting the Indy 10 UDPClient component to work.
(Kylix 3) I have been unable to get the client to bind properly to eth0 and
transmist data. Works fine accross the local interface but not on any
others. Even when specifying the IP Address to bind to.??
Thanks.

Re:indy. UDP Client.

Scott wrote:
Has anyone had any success getting the Indy 10 UDPClient component to work.
(Kylix 3) I have been unable to get the client to bind properly to eth0 and
transmist data. Works fine accross the local interface but not on any
others. Even when specifying the IP Address to bind to.??
Hi Scott,
Do you mean you have problems connecting (which you do with client
components) or with binding (which you do with server components)?
In case of a client trying to send data to a server, you do not need to
care about socket binding. This should be done automatically.
Maybe it's good to also check firewall and routing rules on the client
machine.
Bas van Beek

Re:indy. UDP Client.

Thanks for your replay Bas,
I have disabled IPTables. It is quite strange. When I run the server on
an alternate linux box using nc I am able to simulate a connection from the
client box successfully. However when I then use a client component either
as default bound to 0.0.0.0:9300 (I believe) or specifically bind the client
to 192.168.1.73:9300 it does not transmit any data outside of the box.
(TCPDump Shows data on the line when using nc but not with UDPClient
component.)
But is I was to have both the client and the server running on the same
machine set to 0.0.0.0 then they can communicate correctly (They both
automatically route via local interface)
In regards to the binding I read somewhere about using the client binding
properties at run time to ensure that your client uses the correct interface
(in a mulit nic machine). Please correct me if I am wrong. I am quite new to
this.
The other strange thing (i am using FC 3). And by accessing
IdStack.Gstack.LocalAddresses I can only ever see the Local Interface
(127.0.0.1)? However networking works perfectly for everything else. (eth0
is set to dhcp).
Are there any specific routing rules that you know of?
Thankyou for your help.
"Bas van Beek" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Scott wrote:
>Has anyone had any success getting the Indy 10 UDPClient component to
>work. (Kylix 3) I have been unable to get the client to bind properly to
>eth0 and transmist data. Works fine accross the local interface but not
>on any others. Even when specifying the IP Address to bind to.??

Hi Scott,

Do you mean you have problems connecting (which you do with client
components) or with binding (which you do with server components)?
In case of a client trying to send data to a server, you do not need to
care about socket binding. This should be done automatically.
Maybe it's good to also check firewall and routing rules on the client
machine.

Bas van Beek

{smallsort}