Kylix does not update time when /etc/localtime changes

2006-02-24 11:40:55 PM
kylix1
Hello,
in our Kylix(Pascal) application we are calling function now() to
display time on the screen. In our Linux configuration BIOS keeps UTC
time and then using a proper symlink /etc/localtime we change timezone.
Once this symlink is changed all native Linux applications show proper
local time, however our Kylix application still displays whatever was
known from before.
Does Kylix keeps its own version of /etc/localtime or does it count
time itself? In any case how can we obtain on the fly (without
restarting application) a new, proper time information?
Thank you very much in advance,
Sergei

Re:Kylix does not update time when /etc/localtime changes

A bit of research and it became apparent that TZ environment variable
was not set properly.. that is it was not set at all and some ancient
system calls require it... so setting:
export TZ=/etc/localtime
solved problem (even thought proper approach is TZ=:/etc/localtime)...

Re:Kylix does not update time when /etc/localtime changes

Hoi Surge
Great that you solved your own problem. Next time you post you need to be
aware of the importance of using the Borland news server to make everybody
see it and possibly answer your question.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix does not update time when /etc/localtime changes

Was my posting not visible on newsgroups.borland.com? I used Google
Groups because our company blocks any port except 80... :(

On 13 Mar 2006 11:55:23 -0800, Surge wrote:
Was my posting not visible on newsgroups.borland.com? I used Google
Groups because our company blocks any port except 80... :(
Yes that is the problem. Use the Borland web interface instead.
Doei Riki Wiki