Kylix and wxWindows

2003-11-07 01:26:18 AM
kylix0
Hi,
It seems to me that the primary problems with Kylix are with the CLX
especially Visual CLX. What would the posibility be to use Kylix with
wxWindows as the visual side? For that matter FPC with wxWindows?
Cheers
Dean

Re:Kylix and wxWindows

Dean Hill wrote:
It seems to me that the primary problems with Kylix are with the CLX
especially Visual CLX.
Most VisualCLX issues should be fixed by the unofficial VisualCLX patch. I
see the problems in the IDE and the de{*word*81}. Bugs in the VisualCLX can be
fixed because we have the source code, but the IDE is closed source.
What would the posibility be to use Kylix with
wxWindows as the visual side?
wxWindows is a C++ framework. And as you can see, Borland has tried to use
a C++ framework with Kylix (Delphi): Qt. And this is a pain. As a Delphi
programmer you need a Pascal/Delphi or C framework but no C++ framework.
--
Regards
Andreas Hausladen