If a new version of Kylix was released..

2005-05-12 12:00:43 AM
kylix2
infopoll.net/live/surveys/s27784.htm
1.45. If a new version of Kylix was released supporting the latest
Linux distros, servers, and libraries...
It's likely that I would purchase it
It's not likely that I would purchase it
juliusz
--
InstallMade - Kylix-specific installer
www.superobject.com/installmade/

Re:If a new version of Kylix was released..

juliusz wrote:
infopoll.net/live/surveys/s27784.htm

1.45. If a new version of Kylix was released supporting the latest
Linux distros, servers, and libraries...

It's likely that I would purchase it
It's not likely that I would purchase it
It's just a pity it is so skewed for Windows that it is impossible to
properly fill it in if the above question is the one you REALLY want
to answer.

juliusz schrieb:
infopoll.net/live/surveys/s27784.htm

1.45. If a new version of Kylix was released supporting the latest
Linux distros, servers, and libraries...

It's likely that I would purchase it
It's not likely that I would purchase it
given the lousy quality of Borland produkts in the last years,
Dale has even beaten the Pizaman,
they would first have to show that something has changed
in a positive direction.
Martin

{smallsort}

Martin Waldenburg wrote:
they would first have to show that something has changed
in a positive direction.

It is not a secret that Borland's most precious asset are in fact
developers. I was Borland customer for over seven{*word*249} years and I
remember old good times when Borland had thousands of dedicated,loyal
developers and supporters.. They choose Borland primary because
Borland was able to offer an alternative to Microsoft and the product
usually was superior. It is very easy to squander promising
innovative technology and even easier to squander peoples trust. It is
better to have ten happy loyal customers than one resentful, I guess
nobody should need a survey to figure that one out. <BORL 5.46>so sad.
juliusz
--
InstallMade - Kylix-specific installer
www.superobject.com/installmade/
www.superobject.com/imoe/download.html

Re:If a new version of Kylix was released..

infopoll.net/live/surveys/s27784.htm

1.45. If a new version of Kylix was released supporting the latest
Linux distros, servers, and libraries...
Wow, that's a great poll - and it has several questions that are
relevant to Linux/Kylix.
Everybody still interested into Kylix should take that poll.
Simon

Re:If a new version of Kylix was released..

Wow, that's a great poll - and it has several questions that are
relevant to Linux/Kylix.

Everybody still interested into Kylix should take that poll.

Humm, that's exactly.... let me count them all.... TWO! ;-) (1.45 and 3.5)
And how shall I fill in the rest?
For example the required question:
1.4. Which version of Delphi do you currently use as your primary "day
to day" Delphi IDE? *

On 2005-05-11, Simon Kissel < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>infopoll.net/live/surveys/s27784.htm
>
>1.45. If a new version of Kylix was released supporting the latest
>Linux distros, servers, and libraries...

Wow, that's a great poll - and it has several questions that are
relevant to Linux/Kylix.

Everybody still interested into Kylix should take that poll.
The main problem with the poll is that people now say "that is nice", but
back down if it is a minor feature that has a Eur 2500 pricepoint.
Most people don't auto upgrade with Eur 1500 upgrade pricepoints. They wait
till they really need the features in question, even if they are fond of
them.
If Borland really wants to win clientele back, a basic Delphi with standard
db support should be Eur 500-750, and a Eur 250 upgrade.
Then they get some clientele back, and might get the auto-upgrade to the
newest version mentality back they had in D2-D6 years.
IMHO they are betting _way_ to much on an "Enterprise" market.

Re:If a new version of Kylix was released..

I agree with Marco V. at all , i think that if Borland make a new Kylix
ver. the marketing decision about the price will be relevant, a version with
low price can enter in the market better. Who spend a lot of for a tool is a
person / company who have already project that can justfy the investments,
if you want enter in a new market the only way is to maximize the
distribution of your products...
rgds
ivan