CrossKylix and IBX

2005-10-08 11:20:34 AM
kylix0
Hi,
I'd like to use ibx with CrossKylix, how to install it so that it works with
CrossKylix?
Thanks.

Re:CrossKylix and IBX

I'd like to use ibx with CrossKylix, how to install it so that it works with
CrossKylix?
I don't know IBX, but it should work pretty much the same way as all components
work with CrossKylix:
- Install the design time packages for Delphi
- Put the Kylix units into some directory
- Add that directory to the CrossKylix unit search path
Simon

Re:CrossKylix and IBX

Is this the design time package for Delphi, not for Kylix?
Delphi. It's a DESIGN time package, and you are using Delphi for designing ;)
- Put the Kylix units into some directory

And this is the units for Kylix? that means for a component to work with
CrossKylix, we need two versions, one for Delphi and another for Kylyx,
right?
You only "need" the Kylix version to compile your application. If you wish
to use Delphis visual designers (drop components on a form or datamodule),
then you'll also need Delphi packages.
Simon

{smallsort}

Re:CrossKylix and IBX

Hi Simon,
Thanks for taking time to answer my email.