How to enable Kylix 3 Pro C++ IDE?

2004-02-04 04:23:32 AM
kylix1
I use Delphi 7 Professional and C++Builder 6 Professional.
D7Pro came with a Kylix 3 Pro CD and license, which I've installed.
I can use K3Pro's Delphi IDE just fine, but I can't seem to get the C++ IDE
to work.
When I try to launch the C++IDE, I get a message about the license
information not yet existing. When I click the Register Now button, a
wizard walks me through entering the serial number & authorization key.
These fields are prefilled with the correct information, so I click Next and
the wizard reports that the software has been registered successfully and
give a Registration Code. When I click Finish to continue, I'm back to
where I started with the message about the license information not yet
existing.
Thinking that I may have to purchase a separate license for the C++IDE, I
went to the Kylix web site and chose Buy Now for the upgrade to K3Pro. But
nowhere does it let me specify that I want a C++IDE license, not a Delphi
IDE license, so it looks like I'd just be purchasing what I already have.
Please help.
Regards.
Greg

Re:How to enable Kylix 3 Pro C++ IDE?

Greg Bullock wrote:
D7Pro came with a Kylix 3 Pro CD and license, which I've installed.
D7 includes only the Delphi version of Kylix.
Martin

Re:How to enable Kylix 3 Pro C++ IDE?

Thanks, Martin.
Do you know how I can get the C++ IDE in Kylix? As I mentioned, when I
started to buy the K3Pro upgrade from the Kylix web site, it didn't let me
specify that I want a C++IDE license, not a Delphi IDE license, so I fear
that I'd just be purchasing what I already have.
Greg
"Martin Waldenburg" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Greg Bullock wrote:
>D7Pro came with a Kylix 3 Pro CD and license, which I've installed.

D7 includes only the Delphi version of Kylix.

Martin

{smallsort}

Greg Bullock wrote:
Do you know how I can get the C++ IDE in Kylix?
Kylix 3 contains both, the Delphi and the C++ version.
Martin

Re:How to enable Kylix 3 Pro C++ IDE?

I think I'm starting to understand.
I'm trying figure out how it is that the K3Pro CD that came with D7 doesn't
indicate that it's just the Delphi IDE, and when I installed it, it put menu
items for both the C++ IDE and the Delphi IDE, but despite all that, it's
just the Delphi IDE that's included.
Is this right: When I purchase the K3Pro upgrade it comes either with 2
authorization keys (one for Delphi, one for C++) or a single authorization
key that works for both IDEs, whereas the authorization key I have with D7's
K3Pro enables just the Delphi IDE. Do I have this right?
Greg Bullock wrote:
>Do you know how I can get the C++ IDE in Kylix?

Kylix 3 contains both, the Delphi and the C++ version.

Martin

Re:How to enable Kylix 3 Pro C++ IDE?

Greg,
I don't know about the Kylix CD that comes with Delphi 7 as I am still on D6,
but my upgrade copy of Kylix 3 professional has both IDEs installed for Delphi
and C++. I had only ever used the Delphi IDE (and of course registered it).
After your question, I started the C++ IDE to check it out. Yes, it went
through the normal registration process for the first time being run and it went
through just fine without having to purchase anything more. Now, both my C++
and Delphi IDEs in Kylix 3 Pro work.
FWIW,
--
David Cornelius
CorneliusConcepts.com
Greg Bullock wrote:
>Do you know how I can get the C++ IDE in Kylix?

Kylix 3 contains both, the Delphi and the C++ version.

Martin

Re:How to enable Kylix 3 Pro C++ IDE?

Thanks, David.
That's very reassuring. You and Martin have settled my mind on this.
Regards.
Greg

news:40202de5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...