rough fonts in Kylix

2006-04-24 07:54:57 PM
kylix1
Hi all,
since this seems to be the only "living" kylix-group, i sent this post after
getting no responce in two other kylix-groups, which are more matching to
my question.
Nevermind, i have a program, written with Kylix (bcb), with some large texts
on its form. I want to make this with labels, per example with fontsize 80.
At my development-system it looks ok (not good, but ok). But at the target
system it looks horrible. The Font is very, very rough, it looks like it
has a resolution of 3 dpi. Font->PixelsperInch=<xxx>at the label doesnt
seems to change anything. Where can i do something to get smoother text at
the target system?
Some specs from the target:
DamnSmallLinux 1.5.x
XFree 4.3.0
fluxbox 0.9
Resolution 800x600 at 75 dpi
Thanks, Jens ?
--
Die oben angegebene Adresse ist OK, wird aber nicht gelesen. Wenn direkter
Mailkontakt gewŁnscht wird, bitte spamtrap gegen jens<punkt>nixdorf

Re:rough fonts in Kylix

Hoi Jens
You need to repost your question on the Borland news server to make
everybody see it and possibly answer your question.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>

Re:rough fonts in Kylix

Riki Wiki schrubte am Dienstag 25 April 2006 00:48:
Hoi Jens

You need to repost your question on the Borland news server to make
everybody see it and possibly answer your question.

Thanks for your message. Since my main-newsserver (easynews) is carrying
only one of the borland groups (this one here!) i didnt realize that
leafnode is posting my message through easynews and not directly to
newsgroups.borland.com.
So i had to change my leafnodes configuration to reach the right server (i
hope so). And for this i have to post my question again:
[...]

{smallsort}

Re:rough fonts in Kylix

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:56:01 GMT, Jens Nixdorf wrote:
So i had to change my leafnodes configuration to reach the right server (i
hope so). And for this i have to post my question again:
Hoi Jens
Looks alright now, your repost is on the Borland newsserver.
Doei Riki Wiki