Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

2005-02-06 05:34:45 PM
kylix2
zeljko wrote:
Andreas Hausladen wrote:

>zeljko wrote:
>
>>1.QWorkspace fix (now we properly get focus on next MDI Child when top
>>one is closed.)
>
>Is this a fix for this bug you reported?
>andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/Forum/viewtopic.php

Don't forget about corrected lines in QForms.pas ->ShowModal()
it should be :

if (ActiveWidgetWinID>= 0) and (ParentWidget<>NiL) and
(QWidget_isModal(ParentWidget)) then
QWidget_reparent(Handle, ParentWidget, WidgetFlags ,
@Pt,False);

Problem was in IDE since ParentWidget is Nil when we call eg. EditMask
editor or ImageList Editor and it causes an A.V . Now it's well tested and
works ok.
it's patch 3.7-17

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:
yes..sorry..my mistake , it works ok without CLX_USE_LIBQT. So that's not
bug anymore in any case ;)
I'm thinking about supporting your Qt 2.3.2-1 in the patches. That would
mean that I would change the BindHelp.pas to "search" for your library and
then choose it instead of the libborqt.so if available.
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:

it's X problem , what xdpyinfo says about dpi values?

I've also noticed that both the height and width of the fonts using Qt
2.3.2 cause problems as compared to the same program using libborqt.so.
Is there an example of how to use Qt 2.3.2 that would also be compatible
with libborqt.so?
Corwin

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Corwin Burgess wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>it's X problem , what xdpyinfo says about dpi values?

I've also noticed that both the height and width of the fonts using Qt
2.3.2 cause problems as compared to the same program using libborqt.so.
Is there an example of how to use Qt 2.3.2 that would also be compatible
with libborqt.so?
At my site everything is fine with fonts, which X version ?

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>yes..sorry..my mistake , it works ok without CLX_USE_LIBQT. So that's not
>bug anymore in any case ;)

I'm thinking about supporting your Qt 2.3.2-1 in the patches. That would
mean that I would change the BindHelp.pas to "search" for your library and
then choose it instead of the libborqt.so if available.
as you wish , this works OK, and there is more patches for Qt-2.3.2 (testing
at the moment), hope that will be ready in next few weeks.They will be a
set of patches which brings qt-2.3.2 closer to qt-3.0.7 (backported
things), especially for fonts (XRender,XFreeType),QListview,QTable...etc,
and of course it will be compatible with libqtintfsXX from K3, until you
finish Qt3 support ;))

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:
until you finish Qt3 support ;))
That meight take some time. Because I first have to write a C++ parser
because doxygen's parser does not work with Qt and wxWidgets. It changes
public constructors to private and does not give me the template parameters
(happens only with newer versions which correct the first problem).
My own C++ parser is not yet finished and my time frame does not allow me to
work on it the next two months.
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen
unvclx.sourceforge.net

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

zeljko wrote:
Corwin Burgess wrote:

>zeljko wrote:
>

>>it's X problem , what xdpyinfo says about dpi values?
>>

>I've also noticed that both the height and width of the fonts using Qt
>2.3.2 cause problems as compared to the same program using libborqt.so.
>Is there an example of how to use Qt 2.3.2 that would also be compatible
>with libborqt.so?

At my site everything is fine with fonts, which X version ?
That's what I'm missing! I looked at every message on this newsgroup
that I've got with your name on it and all I can find is a note of not
having any web space at the moment. Plenty with email addresses. I did
find your picture on a xpde web page.
I'm currently using Fedora Core 1.
name of display: :0.0
version number: 11.0
vendor string: The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number: 40300000
XFree86 version: 4.3.0
screen #0:
dimensions: 1024x768 pixels (361x271 millimeters)
resolution: 72x72 dots per inch

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

raktzo wrote:
Nothing, I ever have "undefined symbol: initPAnsiStrings"

Idea?
You are getting "undefined symbol: initPAnsiStrings" error which
normally would indicate that the Linux loader is unable to find the
libqt.so.. , but it is so ambiguous that it makes a poor indicator
what is the real reason why your application fails to run. The most
common situation is that on some newest systems there is no present
one of the needed version of libstdc++ library. For the same reason
for example application packaged with InstallMade on older systems for
older systems may fail (like Kylix 2 application etc.. may stop
working on the newest systems) the reason is that the newest system
does not have installed for backward compatibility appropriated static
C++ library for example: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 However, in your
case probably the missing lib would be libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3. For
maximum results you may deploy this lib with your Kylix 3 application
or suggest to the user to install an appropriate compatibility package
which include this library. For example for Mandrake 10.1 it would be
libstdc++2.10-2.96-0.83mdk.rpm
Please note that this improved qt library apparently was compiled in
somewhat different environment than the original shipped with Kylix 3
libqt.so.2.3. Apparently you are running system which does not have
installed all the needed shared objects that the new zeljko's
libqt.so.2.3.1 requires. Others can use this lib without problems most
likely because they test it with a fully loaded development environment.
juliusz
--
InstallMade - Kylix-specific installer
www.superobject.com/installmade/

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

juliusz wrote:
libqt.so.2.3.1 requires. Ot
2.3.2-1 (this -1 is patch 1) ;)

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

I'm currently using Fedora Core 1.

name of display: :0.0
version number: 11.0
vendor string: The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number: 40300000
XFree86 version: 4.3.0

screen #0:
dimensions: 1024x768 pixels (361x271 millimeters)
resolution: 72x72 dots per inch
hm .. dpi should be 75x75 or 96x96 for your resolution.
Fc1. doesn't have dpi settings in redhat-config-display , I have package for
fc1 (my patch) which have such solution.Install it and set dpi to 75x75 or
96x96.
rpm package is sended to your email.
rpm -ivh --force blah.rpm

Re:Re: Qt 2.3.2 patches

Corwin Burgess wrote:
I've also noticed that both the height and width of the fonts using Qt
2.3.2 cause problems
The Font is simply one pixel height then the un-antialiased one.
I have added this code to my app and now everything fits.
initialization
if GetModuleHandle('libqt.so.2') <>0 then
Application.Font.Height := Application.Font.Height - 1;
end.
---
Regards
Andreas Hausladen