Re: CrossKylix - Betatesters needed

2004-06-15 08:33:24 PM
kylix0
This is _very_ interesting, but because i'm more at the BCB-side of Kylix,
is there any possibility to get this to work even with C++Builder 6 on
Windows?
Well, if I understand you correctly you want to use CrossKylix inside BCB to
compile Kylix C++ applications. This is currently totally unsupported. Using
CrossKylix to compile Delphi applications with Kylix might work, though.
I've never used Kylix C++ myself so I don't know anything about it.
If you provide me with details on how the Kylix C++ command line compiler is
called and how the BCB project config files look like, I'll see what I can do.
First of all you should try to install the CrossKylix IDE plugin to BCB and
see if that works so far.
Simon

Re:Re: CrossKylix - Betatesters needed

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Bob,
I've also (finally) announced it on my website...
..any chance of a RSS feed on drbob42.com? Yours is the only site I
have to manually look at in one of those old fashioned browser things to
see if there is anything new <g>
Phil
--
Discover a lost art - play Marbles
May 2004

Re:Re: CrossKylix - Betatesters needed

Hi Phil,
..any chance of a RSS feed on drbob42.com?
In a few weeks time I have some time off (for holidays), and then can
work on my RSS feed. Or my {*word*272} experiments, depending on which gets
the highest priority ;-)
Phil
Groetjes,
Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.DrBob42.com)
--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42) Borland Technology Partner
Delphi Win32 & .NET training en support - IntraWeb Authorized Trainer

{smallsort}

Re:Re: CrossKylix - Betatesters needed

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
>..any chance of a RSS feed on drbob42.com?

In a few weeks time I have some time off (for holidays), and then can
work on my RSS feed. Or my {*word*272} experiments, depending on which gets
the highest priority ;-)
Holidays are meant for taking time off <g>
Phil
--
Discover a lost art - play Marbles
May 2004
www.marillion.com

Re:Re: CrossKylix - Betatesters needed

Hi Phil,
Holidays are meant for taking time off <g>
Yes, so I can work on the RSS feed or {*word*272} stuff ;-)
Actually, the {*word*272} stuff is for enjoyment, too. My kids have
discovered chatting recently, and in the past we used a custom
application to send messages to each other (for example when I was at a
BorCon or other event abroad). It started as a simple Kylix CGI
application (written in Delphi 7 and ported to Kylix 3 - which could
have done a lot easier with CrossKylix [futile attempt to stay on topic
- Ed.], and now is an IntraWeb application. I plan to add {*word*272}
capabilities to it, although I must admit it probably won't be using
Kylix since I have no idea how to talk to the USB {*word*272} on Linux...
<ducking>

Simon Kissel wrote:
If you provide me with details on how the Kylix C++ command line compiler
is called and how the BCB project config files look like, I'll see what I
can do.
Not much time these days, but today i've tried to get crosskylix to work
with BCB 6 Pro. First problem is: No Toolsapi.dcu in BCB 6, but a
toolsapi.pas in Kylix and in BCB. They are a bit different from each other,
no idea which one i should take. But maybe that is not very important at
this time.
More important i think is the second problem: BCB 6 has no .cfg-File for its
projects. What is delphi storing in this file? I've looked what Kylix is
writing in its .conf-File, it seems to be some compiler-flags or such
things?
regards, Jens
--
Die o.a. Adresse ist OK, wird aber nicht gelesen. Für Mails an mich bitte
"spamtrap" durch "jens.nixdorf" ersetzen.