TClientSocket (VCL)

2005-02-26 07:16:09 AM
kylix1
Hi,
I am trying to develop an application using an outside SFTP component that handshakes and tunnels with the Tclientsocket.
My question is When I do the clientSocket.open does the clientsocket object spawn a thread handled by the clientsocket object?
If so how can i get the handle of this thread, and how do i synchronize it with the main thread of the application.
My applications main thread runs even though the spawned thread by the clientsocket object has not completed or freed.
I need to synchronize them or get the status of the spawned thread so that i can handle it using user defined methods.
Thanks for your time
Ravi Srirangam