Solved the "freezing" problem in file loading

2007-12-11 08:47:36 AM
kylix1
Hi
Perhaps this can help someone...
Distro: CentOS 4.x, kernel 2.6.9, qt-3.5, kylix-3 with all Hausladen
patches applied
Compiler, ide and de{*word*81} usually working well except when I tried
sometimes it get 100% cpu and ide freeze.
A few months ago I changed the scheduling priority in the kylix starting
script including a "nice 15" (lower priority) command before activating
the compiler
I don't know why but never again I get a "freezing" IDE while open,
saving or loading files. Perhaps a race condition????
[]s
Arnaldo

Re:Solved the "freezing" problem in file loading

Hi
Correction: I missed the -n option. Sorry...
In ~/kylix3/bin/startdelphi script I changed the last line
from: /home/abraun/kylix3/bin/delphi ...
to: nice -n 15 /home/abraun/kylix3/bin/delphi ...
[]s
Arnaldo