Kylix & Chinese

2007-05-25 03:25:39 AM
kylix0
Hi,
I am running Kylix and wondered if it was possible to display localize
an application in Chinese.
If so what would be the steps to follow?
I am running on various distribution (Ubuntu, Suse...) so any
information should help.
Right now my application only shows ? for each chinese characters. The
same application works beautifully on Windows. (Delphi 7)
On the same Linux box, Firefox works ok at displaying chinese (all
fonts are installed).
Again any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Zindine

Re:Kylix & Chinese

Ni-hao,
In recent distros, default character code should be utf-8, so charset of
your code also must be fcsUnicode.
I have never displayed Chinese in my apps, but I have been able to
display Japanese fonts in utf-8 environment with following way.
uses qt,..;
f: TFont;
Initialization
begin

[...]