Goodby Borland

2003-11-20 12:42:00 PM
kylix0
Enough is enough.
I have used Borland products since they began making Borland stuff. The
wonderful Turbo C didn't teach me C, but it taught me how to really
program in C. Delphi was wonderful - loved it and still love it - just
hate the platform that it has to run on. Kylix I could begin a
relationship with, but...
I buy Kylix3 and get it installed. Works fine, except for a few bugs
which may not be bugs, just inexperience. Then they begin piling up.
Time to get the latest patches. Fortunately I sent in the card that came
with the box.
"Please register so we can notify you of any improvements and updates..."
What improvements? What updates. Jeez. The web site has NOTHING in
support of Kylix - no patches, not even a FAQ. NOT EVEN A DAMN FAQ?????
Hell even freebie software made by a kid in his room usually comes with a
FAQ!
Phone calls get nothing, emails go unanswered.
rm -rf /usr/local/kylix/*
Goodby.
PD

Re:Goodby Borland

What improvements? What updates. Jeez. The web site has NOTHING in
support of Kylix - no patches, not even a FAQ. NOT EVEN A DAMN FAQ?????
Hell even freebie software made by a kid in his room usually comes with a
FAQ!
sorry, but in a recent article Borland's CEO said that only
2 people bought Kylix. Besides you that was just one other person.
So I guess you don't count. Customers only matter under certain
conditions. If you don't meet those conditions you won't be informed,
merely ignored.
This is a whole new style of corporate management and we advise
you to quietly submit. It's called customer Iraqization. If you
protest you obviously hate software innovation. Or maybe you're
a foreign programmer who infiltrates into Borland to fight corporate
wisdom.