suse 9.2 suitable?

2005-04-28 09:34:41 PM
kylix1
Is Suse 9.2 suitable for Kylix?
I am new to Linux, is there a step-by-step instruction somewhere
explaining how to
install the latest patches to Kylix?
--
Arthur Hoornweg
(In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net"

Re:suse 9.2 suitable?

Arthur Hoornweg wrote:
Is Suse 9.2 suitable for Kylix?

I am new to Linux, is there a step-by-step instruction somewhere
explaining how to
install the latest patches to Kylix?

I use suse 9.2. the only problem is shifting between dfm and code
(pressing F12) does not bring the dfm to the front.. (use alt-tab to get
the form as a workaround) Otherwise it works very well.
The patches are very easy to install. depending is you have installed
Kylix as root you need to su to root and simply run the shell script
'installpatch' or ./installpatch in the same dir as you extracted the
patch archive into.
siegs

Re:suse 9.2 suitable?

siegfriedn wrote:
I use suse 9.2. the only problem is shifting between dfm and code
(pressing F12) does not bring the dfm to the front.. (use alt-tab to get
the form as a workaround) Otherwise it works very well.
Someone posted that there is an option in KDE that prevents "focus
stealing". I haven't tried this my own yet
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

{smallsort}

Re:suse 9.2 suitable?

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Someone posted that there is an option in KDE that prevents "focus
stealing". I haven't tried this my own yet
Nice one. It works. It's in
Control Center ->Desktop ->Window Behaviour ->Advanced tab
Set the 'Focus stealing prevention level' to None.
JohnK
--
ABSURDITY, n.
A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Re:suse 9.2 suitable?

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
siegfriedn wrote:

>I use suse 9.2. the only problem is shifting between dfm and code
>(pressing F12) does not bring the dfm to the front.. (use alt-tab to get
>the form as a workaround) Otherwise it works very well.

Someone posted that there is an option in KDE that prevents "focus
stealing". I haven't tried this my own yet

Repeating my post in b.p.k.ide :)
With KDE you can fix it by choosing:
Configure your desktop ->LookNFeel ->Window Behavior ->Advanced ->
Focus Stealing ... : None
Paulo Costa

Re:suse 9.2 suitable?

Arthur Hoornweg wrote:
Is Suse 9.2 suitable for Kylix?
As for Delphi part, yes, I use it with no serious problem.
However, in the C++ part, system() function, used for send shell
commands, does not work when integrated de{*word*81} is enabled, although
the function worked under SUSE9.0 with IDE de{*word*81}.
I am new to Linux, is there a step-by-step instruction somewhere
explaining how to
install the latest patches to Kylix?
There is a good step-by-step instruction page:
Installing Kylix on a modern distro
<www.danielbautista.com/articulos/install_kylix.html>
Haruyuki Fujimaki
Tsukuba, Japan