Re: Invisible text in K3OE editor

2004-03-04 02:34:23 AM
kylix2
ckd wrote:
- lots of keywords, like "unit" are invisible. That makes the code in
the editor look wildly formatted and very confusing. If I position
the cursor before the 'u' and type a character, the whole word 'unit'
will appear, but then if I backspace over the new char 'unit' again
disappears.
Sounds that the selected editor font (tools/editor options) does not
support the bold style. Choose another font. I prefere the "Fixed" font
because it is the best readable on my system that works under Kylix.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: Invisible text in K3OE editor

Hi all,
I've been using K1 ent. since it came out and really haven't had any
problems, probably due to the limited scope that I use it in. For my
purposes it gets the job done. I recently installed K1 ent. in a VM
running under Win2K and although the functionality is fine the font in
the menues and object inspector is total {*word*99} and almost unusable.
Rather than trying to overcome the font problem, I thought I'd install
K3OE and see how that worked.
The good news is that the font problems are gone in OE. The bad news
is that the editor behavior is crazy:
- lots of keywords, like "unit" are invisible. That makes the code in
the editor look wildly formatted and very confusing. If I position
the cursor before the 'u' and type a character, the whole word 'unit'
will appear, but then if I backspace over the new char 'unit' again
disappears.
- very choppy and erratic cursor movement (slow, won't move, or moves
more than one space) when using the arrow, home, end, etc. keys.
I changed the editor config to use 'classic' (I think, it's the old
dark blue TP look). With this look you can see all the words but the
funky cursor movement still exists.
I'm using vmware 2, debian 3. Tried both gnome and kde with identical
results.
I searched tamarack and google but couldn't find anyone else having
this problem. Any ideas or comments?
TIA

Re:Re: Invisible text in K3OE editor

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:34:23 +0100, "Andreas Hausladen"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Sounds that the selected editor font (tools/editor options) does not
support the bold style. Choose another font. I prefere the "Fixed" font
because it is the best readable on my system that works under Kylix.

Of course that was the problem - I think I need some sleep. Thank you
for the tip.
The keyboard response, though, is so slow it's unusable. I've noticed
that if I change (virtual) desktops, then back, it's at regular speed
for a whole 5 seconds or so before bogging down again. Funny this
doesn't happen with K1 on the same system.
Thanks again for the help.

{smallsort}