Re: Unofficial Kylix Survey: Results and Discussion

2006-11-03 08:19:12 PM
kylix0
Hello,
(let me crosspost)
Now that 33 hrs have passed since the opening and hourly number of poll
has decreased to less than one-third of that in the first 12 hours, it's
time to open the results to provide quantitative information for
cross-platform-Delphi-discussion:
hpcgi2.nifty.com/Fujimaki/Kylix/results.cgi
More than 250 voters have been participated at the moment.
Thank you very much for taking time.
Of course, the survey page will open until the end of this month, so you are
welcome to vote if you have not yet. The number of voters itself enhances
the value of this survey.
My brief summary and comments on the results:
The results clearly show that people who want Kylix back are not only
several vocal (excuse me;) posters here. Even after three years ignorance
by its maker, non-negligible number of silent Delphi users are still
waiting a new version of Kylix. One-third of them will go away to other
alternative languages unless Borland/DTG announces a roadmap including
Kylix. The others will still be Borland's royal customers. That may be a
relieving results for Borland.
In spite of the more than 120 of "Want it now!", the Kylix-requester may
still be less-than-10% minority considering the (probably) large number
(anyone know?) of subscribers (heavy Delphi user) of this NG. If we were
able to know the number of subcribers or voters for the Delphi Survey, the
results of this unofficial survey could be more meaningful. Still,
Borland/DTG decision makers, whom I ask to rethink, know the number.
I hope our survey will promote "creatively evaluate and reevaluate the
opportunities for Kylix development.(by Michael)".
Any response from Borland/DTG decision makers is welcome.
Haruyuki Fujimaki

Re:Re: Unofficial Kylix Survey: Results and Discussion

Haruyuki Fujimaki wrote:
[...]

I would like to see a VCL for Win and Linux and a Delphi IDE with target
TComboBox containing "Windows" and "Linux".