Good info source on "shelling" processes from Kylix

2004-06-18 06:50:48 AM
kylix1
Hello,
Can someone give me a URL to a solid resource on how to shell processes from
Kylix 3 Pro? I know how to do this sort of thing in Window/Delphi (Shell
Execute/Create Process, etc.), but now I need that knowledge under Linux.
Also, I would want to know how to capture/redirect the standard [input /
output / error] pipes.
Thanks.
--
Robert

Re:Good info source on "shelling" processes from Kylix

Robert Oschler wrote:
Can someone give me a URL to a solid resource on how to shell
processes from Kylix 3 Pro? I know how to do this sort of thing in
Window/Delphi (Shell Execute/Create Process, etc.), but now I need
that knowledge under Linux.

Also, I would want to know how to capture/redirect the standard
[input / output / error] pipes.
Please start by typing "info libc" in command prompt.

"Robert Oschler" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
Hello,

Can someone give me a URL to a solid resource on how to shell processes from
Kylix 3 Pro? I know how to do this sort of thing in Window/Delphi (Shell
Execute/Create Process, etc.), but now I need that knowledge under Linux.

Libc.System (CommandStr+' '+params+' &');
Be aware that shelling processes DOES NOT WORK while running
from inside the IDE unless you disable the "integrated debugging" flag
(Tools->De{*word*81} Options)
Also, I would want to know how to capture/redirect the standard [input /
output / error] pipes.

never afforded this ...
Thanks.
Bye
Roberto

{smallsort}

Re:Good info source on "shelling" processes from Kylix

Here you got source for capturing the stdout:
www.kylixforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php
A component, doing the same:
www.kylixforum.de/forum/downloads.php
The sites are in german but i guess you find the source :)
"Robert Oschler" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Robert Oschler schrieb:
Hello,

Can someone give me a URL to a solid resource on how to shell processes from
Kylix 3 Pro? I know how to do this sort of thing in Window/Delphi (Shell
Execute/Create Process, etc.), but now I need that knowledge under Linux.

Also, I would want to know how to capture/redirect the standard [input /
output / error] pipes.

Thanks.
UNIX utilities from here
www.tempest-sw.com/freeware/freeware.cgi?kylix

Re:Good info source on "shelling" processes from Kylix

Hello Robert,
For simple stuff a Libc.system call will
probably take care of the job.
-- Mike Gallets, Giant Systems