Kylix Indy 9 SSL

2006-07-01 06:31:18 AM
kylix2
I was wondering if anyone has successfully got Indy TIdHTTPServer and
TIdServerIOHandlerSSL to work using Kylix. The console application I
have compiles and runs under windows and linux (with respective
compilers). When the app runs in Windows the SSL web server works fine,
however in linux the web server fails to start (no errors or
exceptions). If I disable the SSL in linux the application starts and
the web interface is accessible.
The code is as follows:
fSSLHandler :=TIdServerIOHandlerSSL.Create(nil);
fSSLHandler.OnGetPassword :=GetCertPassword;
fSSLHandler.OnStatus :=SSLStatus;
fSSLHandler.OnVerifyPeer :=VerifyPeer;
fSSLHandler.OnStatusInfo :=SSLStatusInfo;
fSSLHandler.SSLOptions.Method :=sslvSSLv2;
fSSLHandler.SSLOptions.Mode :=sslmServer;
fSSLHandler.SSLOptions.VerifyMode :=[];
fSSLHandler.SSLOptions.VerifyDepth :=2;
fSSLHandler.SSLOptions.RootCertFile:=GetCurrentDir+SSLRootFile;
fSSLHandler.SSLOptions.CertFile :=GetCurrentDir+SSLCertFile;
fSSLHandler.SSLOptions.KeyFile :=GetCurrentDir+SSLKeyFile;
HTTPServer.IOHandler:=fSSLHandler;
HTTPServer.Active:=true;
The application is difficult to debug under linux as I use the command
line compiler and not the IDE, however I do have the application write
out events and errors to the console.
The linux development box is running Redhat 7.2, Kylix 3 Professional,
Indy 9.x. OpenSSL 0.9.6b is installed. I've also tested the
application on a Fedora Core 5 box with all the updates and I'm having
the same problem.
Is is a certificate problem? I've tried creating my own certs on the
linux box with openssl. I've also tried copying the certs from my
Windows machine to the Linux box. Those same certs work fine when the
application is running on windows.
Would upgrading to Indy 10 solve my problem? Or will I have to go to a
SecureBlackBox solution?
Any advice would be appreciated!
Jef

Re:Kylix Indy 9 SSL

theo wrote:
I don't know the problem.

But as an alternative, you could try Synapse: synapse.ararat.cz/
Thanks I actually use a couple of Synapse components (specifically for
reading UDP messages sent from clients) in the application but I'm so
far along in the web interface, i was kind of looking for a drop in
replacement or an upgrade to Indy 10. I'm not really keen on modifying
all the web interface code.

Re:Kylix Indy 9 SSL

I don't know the problem.
But as an alternative, you could try Synapse: synapse.ararat.cz/

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix Indy 9 SSL

jbk wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has successfully got Indy TIdHTTPServer and
TIdServerIOHandlerSSL to work using Kylix. The console application I
have compiles and runs under windows and linux (with respective
compilers).
Nope, but the SSL support in Synapse is top notch and you don't need any
funky special version of openssl.
I converted all my Indy stuff to Synapse about 2 years ago and it was
the best thing I could have done to make things easier when using Kylix.
Not to mention you can easily compile your console apps with Free Pascal
for other platforms and 64bit.
Check it out at: www.ararat.cz/synapse/
--
Tony Caduto