Problems with Apache 1.3.33 and kylix DSO

2005-06-03 04:43:46 PM
kylix1
Hi,
We've been using kylix DSOs for a long time, and are trying to upgrade to apache 1.3.33.
The apache compile is fine and runs well without the DSOs loaded.
However, if i do a LoadModule on one of the DSOs apache fails for some reason. That is, it starts with no error messages, but it dies (without any error messages whatsoever).
The DSOs are compiled with kylix 2.
Anyone experienced anything similar? Or have kylix2 DSOs running on 1.3.33?

Re:Problems with Apache 1.3.33 and kylix DSO

This is going to sound completely silly, but:
I have this exact same issue now and again and could find no rational
reason for it. My fix was (please, no laughing) to A) change the order
of LoadModule[s] so that PHP is loaded way before Kylix DSOs and even
more bizarre, I add some meaninless code to my WebModule unit and build
it again. I know, completely ridiculous, but it seems that messing with
the size of the DSO or number of lines or something works around this.
Often I add a line, then delete the same line on the next build. After a
while, when the whole body of code has changed enough, this doesn't seem
to be necessary any more, but then it will come again without warning in
another couple months. Probably related to some "power of 2" issue or
crop circles or something.
[ K2E, RH8, Apache 1.3.1 (I believe), then K3E, RH9 & Apache 1.3.3 ]
Best,
-Ed Purkiss
Håvard Hovind wrote:

We've been using kylix DSOs for a long time, and are trying to upgrade to apache 1.3.33.

The apache compile is fine and runs well without the DSOs loaded.
However, if i do a LoadModule on one of the DSOs apache fails for some reason. That is, it starts with no error messages, but it dies (without any error messages whatsoever).

The DSOs are compiled with kylix 2.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Or have kylix2 DSOs running on 1.3.33?

Re:Problems with Apache 1.3.33 and kylix DSO

Hei Ed,
Thank you for your help.
I will try to recompile and see what happens.
The best of all this is that I did the same setup on a box a few months ago (same install, same apache version, a bit older php) and my DSO is running like it should.
I don't know this is related, but it seems to be:
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
BR,
Håvard Hovind

Håvard Hovind wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We've been using kylix DSOs for a long time, and are trying to upgrade to apache 1.3.33.
>
>The apache compile is fine and runs well without the DSOs loaded.
>However, if i do a LoadModule on one of the DSOs apache fails for some reason. That is, it starts with no error messages, but it dies (without any error messages whatsoever).
>
>The DSOs are compiled with kylix 2.
>
>Anyone experienced anything similar? Or have kylix2 DSOs running on 1.3.33?

{smallsort}

Re:Problems with Apache 1.3.33 and kylix DSO

Hi again,
This stil isn't working.
I've tried the things you mentioned with no luck.
The strange thing is that there's no error message at all (apache just dies), but if I run ./libhttpd.ep -X i get Segmentation fault.
If i remove the loadmodule, everything is fine.
I've even tried with a simple DSO doing practically nothing, but same result.
DSO compiled in Kylix2
Fedora Core 3
Apache 1.3.33
Kernel 2.6.11-1.3