Re: Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

2005-05-18 10:44:02 PM
kylix1
David,
I have the same problem. Did you get this problem resolved. I have
tried everything in this group and I can get the IDE to comeup with most
of the fonts ok. The only problem I have now is the menu bar. The fonts
on the menu bar are tooooo small.
I am running:
Suse 9.3
Kylix Open + Update
res: 1600x1200
Any help would be great. Please post what you have working
(resolution, fonts, etc...)
Regards,
MS
David Christensen wrote:
"David Christensen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>SiegfriedN < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>
>>marcus wrote:
>>..
>>
>>>I have very small fonts in menus and unusable ide cause wrong size and
>>>position of both forms and toolbars.
>>
>>look at an earlier thread 'Installed Kylix3. No fonts are visible in
>>IDE' on the 14/02/2005 in this same newsgroup...
>>
>>have you tried that?
>>
>>siegs
>
>siegs,
>
>I located that thread and followed some of the advice there. I now have some really strange behavior. I have fonts now showing up okay in the main windows, EXCEPT when I open a menu item, such as Editor preferences from the Tools menu. The dialog box for this area still has the tabs and fonts all messed up.
>
>In addition, when I click on the controls tabs in the palette, when I click on one tab, the adjacent tab font changes. I'm seeing the fonts change back and forth and it's weird.
>
>Any ideas?

I should also note that I've changed my screen resolution from my original 1600x1200, back to both 1280x1024 and 1024x768. My fonts listing in the Control Panel doesn't list Sans or Sans Serif. I have tried the SUSE Sans and SUSE Sans Serif, plus some others. Finally switched back to Arial and things seemed to get better. Now I've tried to adjust font sizes and I'm back to where I started. It's weird that the tab sizes also change along with the font sizes.

Re:Re: Kylix 3 IDE trouble on suse 9.3

Try the following in your startbcb file.
export LANG=en_US
It did the trick for me.
"marcus" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Have anybody infos about compatibility troubles between kylix 3 ide and
Suse 9.3?

John van de Geyn wrote:
Try the following in your startbcb file.

export LANG=en_US

It did the trick for me.

for me too, thanks John :)
For the record
after adjusting my startdelphi script like
#!/bin/bash
# BEGIN STRING TABLE
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.21
KYDEF_LOCALE="en_US"
LC_ALL_IS_C1="The LC_ALL environment variable is set to C. Kylix cannot
start with this setting."
LC_ALL_IS_C2="Defaulting LC_ALL to"
# END STRING TABLE
if [ -z "$LANG" ]; then
LANG=$KYDEF_LOCALE
export LANG
fi
export LANG=en_US
..etc..
instructios:
------------
(my Screen resolution 1920x1200)
1. Set-up the KDE desktop fonts to be sUSE Sans size 10 (have not tried
other fonts)
2. Delete the .borland directory your home directory. (make a backup
first to copy the registration files and other files over to the newly
generated one)
3. Start Kylix
4 If all is well. Adjust you KDE desktop fornts back to your prefered
font (in my case size 8)
5. Delete the .kderc file so that Kylix does not readjust the fonts
fly away..
siegs

{smallsort}