Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

2006-04-25 08:08:18 PM
kylix0
Hi,
I tried the Ptrace workaround on Mandriva 2006 and it works great for the de{*word*81}. Yet CodeInsight seems to be broken :-(
Even if the project compiles and run and debug fine, trying to use CodeInsight (Ctrl+Space) always fails. I get an "Unable to invoke Code Completion due to errors in source" error.
Could someone confirm this error ?
Do you have a workaround to get back the code completion ?
Thank you very much,
Bye.

Re:Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

Hello wrote:
Everything works fine under Mandriva 2006
Just following these instructions:
www.theo.ch/kylix/suse10.html
(scroll to the part: Den Jean about Mandriva)

I tried the Ptrace workaround on Mandriva 2006 and it works great for the
de{*word*81}. Yet CodeInsight seems to be broken :-(

Even if the project compiles and run and debug fine, trying to use
CodeInsight (Ctrl+Space) always fails. I get an "Unable to invoke Code
Completion due to errors in source" error.

Could someone confirm this error ?
Do you have a workaround to get back the code completion ?

Thank you very much,
Bye.

Re:Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

Thank you very much ! That's really great !
I still have a last issue : when using AltGr key inside the ide I get a red "? char and I can't use AltGr key.
My keyboard is a french keyboard and it's quite annoying because without AltGr, I can't have some usefull chars : #,{,[,],}
I tried the AltGr patch at www.kylix-patch.de.vu but it doesn't solve the issue. Do you have an idea how to solve this issue on a french keyboard ?
Den Jean < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hello wrote:

Everything works fine under Mandriva 2006
Just following these instructions:
www.theo.ch/kylix/suse10.html
(scroll to the part: Den Jean about Mandriva)

>Hi,
>
>I tried the Ptrace workaround on Mandriva 2006 and it works great for the
>de{*word*81}. Yet CodeInsight seems to be broken :-(
>
>Even if the project compiles and run and debug fine, trying to use
>CodeInsight (Ctrl+Space) always fails. I get an "Unable to invoke Code
>Completion due to errors in source" error.
>
>Could someone confirm this error ?
>Do you have a workaround to get back the code completion ?
>
>Thank you very much,
>Bye.

{smallsort}

Hello wrote:
Thank you very much ! That's really great !

I still have a last issue : when using AltGr key inside the ide I get
a red "? char and I can't use AltGr key.

My keyboard is a french keyboard and it's quite annoying because
without AltGr, I can't have some usefull chars : #,{,[,],}

I tried the AltGr patch at www.kylix-patch.de.vu but it doesn't solve
the issue. Do you have an idea how to solve this issue on a french
keyboard ?
We have the same problem with the portuguese keyboard.
For us the solution is to use this modmap:
paginas.fe.up.pt/~asousa/linuxadas/.Xmodmap.pt
and run a command like:
xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap.pt
You can place that command on ~/.bash_profile to make it execute every
time you log in.
You need to adjust it for a french keyboard, though. Or perhaps search
the web for a french xmodmap...
I hope this helps,
--
Paulo Marques

Re:Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

We have the same problem with the portuguese keyboard.

For us the solution is to use this modmap:

paginas.fe.up.pt/~asousa/linuxadas/.Xmodmap.pt

I've added Xmodmap_pt to the SuSE10/Mandriva2006 help page (if you allow)

theo wrote:
>We have the same problem with the portuguese keyboard.
>
>For us the solution is to use this modmap:
>
>paginas.fe.up.pt/~asousa/linuxadas/.Xmodmap.pt

I've added Xmodmap_pt to the SuSE10/Mandriva2006 help page (if you allow)

www.theo.ch/kylix/suse10.html
I allow :)
Just one thing, though. The file was actually based on the German modmap
and adapted by Paulo Costa (by the way, he "allows", too :) ).
So the "Thanks to Paulo Marques" sentence should probably be changed to
something like "Adapted from the German Keyboard by Paulo Costa".
--
Paulo Marques

Re:Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

I allow :)
Thanks!

Just one thing, though. The file was actually based on the German modmap
and adapted by Paulo Costa (by the way, he "allows", too :) ).

So the "Thanks to Paulo Marques" sentence should probably be changed to
something like "Adapted from the German Keyboard by Paulo Costa".

Gosh! I knew I'd be running into "legal" problems with this one ;-)
OK. fixed.

Hello schrieb:

My keyboard is a french keyboard and it's quite annoying because without AltGr, I can't have some usefull chars : #,{,[,],}

I tried the AltGr patch at www.kylix-patch.de.vu but it doesn't solve the issue. Do you have an idea how to solve this issue on a french keyboard ?

It shouldn't be very hard to make a french-kb version. Try the following
commands on a shell:
xmodmap -pke
xev (press a key and see the value of "Keycode")

Re:Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

Hello,
I'm having problem of Codeinsight too. My kernel is Linux redhat enterprise
3 (kernel 2.4.21). I already did changes in startdelphi like:
- export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
- ...
I also dowload Ptrace4 but I can not compile (make).
Please help me
San

Doan Ngoc San wrote:
Hello,
I'm having problem of Codeinsight too. My kernel is Linux redhat enterprise
3 (kernel 2.4.21). I already did changes in startdelphi like:
- export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
- ...

I also dowload Ptrace4 but I can not compile (make).
Please help me

San
Hi,
If your kernel is 2.4.21 you don't need the Ptrace interposer. It is
only for kernels above 2.6.10 and it only helps the de{*word*81} freezing
problem.
For the Codeinsight problem please try:
echo 1>/proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout
Paulo Costa

Re:Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

Thank you !
"Paulo Costa" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Doan Ngoc San wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm having problem of Codeinsight too. My kernel is Linux redhat
enterprise
>3 (kernel 2.4.21). I already did changes in startdelphi like:
>- export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
>- ...
>
>I also dowload Ptrace4 but I can not compile (make).
>Please help me
>
>San

Hi,

If your kernel is 2.4.21 you don't need the Ptrace interposer. It is
only for kernels above 2.6.10 and it only helps the de{*word*81} freezing
problem.
For the Codeinsight problem please try:

echo 1>/proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout

Paulo Costa

Re:Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

Hi Paulo,
On my PC as root I can not run "echo 1>/proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout"
because directory /proc/sys/vm/ is read-only even for root (chmod did not
work). So I tried to add line vm.legacy_va_layout=1 to file
/etc/sysctl.conf. But my Codeinsight still did'nt work. My PC also has
de{*word*81} freezing problem. Could you please advice me ?
San.
#edit sysctl.conf
vi /etc/sysctl.conf
#Add this line at the end:
vm.legacy_va_layout=1
#you need to reboot for this config setting to take effect
#or you can do this manually on the commandline
#but unlike the config setting, it is not permanent
#you can verify this setting by doing
cat /proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout
#it should return 1
Doan Ngoc San wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm having problem of Codeinsight too. My kernel is Linux redhat
enterprise
>3 (kernel 2.4.21). I already did changes in startdelphi like:
>- export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
>- ...
>
>I also dowload Ptrace4 but I can not compile (make).
>Please help me
>
>San

Hi,

If your kernel is 2.4.21 you don't need the Ptrace interposer. It is
only for kernels above 2.6.10 and it only helps the de{*word*81} freezing
problem.
For the Codeinsight problem please try:

echo 1>/proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout

Paulo Costa

Re:Workaround OK ... except CodeInsight ?

Doan Ngoc San wrote:
Hi Paulo,
Hi, (although a different Paulo ;) )
On my PC as root I can not run "echo 1>/proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout"
because directory /proc/sys/vm/ is read-only even for root (chmod did not
work).
"legacy_va_layout" only appeared in kernel 2.6.9. So, if you're using a
2.4.21 kernel, there is no such option.
So I tried to add line vm.legacy_va_layout=1 to file
/etc/sysctl.conf. But my Codeinsight still did'nt work. My PC also has
de{*word*81} freezing problem. Could you please advice me ?
This is the weird part. The de{*word*81} freezing problem only exists for
kernels>= 2.6.10 on vanilla kernels.
Are you sure that you're using a 2.4.21 kernel? What does "cat
/proc/version" says?
This might be a problem specific to the "redhat enterprise" kernel.
Sometimes these distros have a lot of specific patches that are
backported, etc., that make it hard to compare to other kernels.
If your kernel really is a 2.4.21-RHxxx, maybe it is time to upgrade to
a more recent distro...
--
Paulo Marques