Re: DElphi/Kylix Vs. Java ??

2003-12-16 01:16:28 PM
kylix0
Alessandro Federici wrote:
"pNichols" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>>Because JIT'd code uses such a ridiculous amount of memory.
>You mean like DOT.NET?

You'll never know since you don't use it <G>
I do not create commercial applications with it, never said I have not
experimented with it, in fact have said quite the opposite.

Re:Re: DElphi/Kylix Vs. Java ??

JQP wrote:
"pNichols" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>How would you know? You have never used it.

Note the question mark at the end of my post. Also note the "<g>". It
was meant as a humourous paraphrasing of a prior post.

But now that you brought it up, there is no need to "use" it (as in waste
time building something with it). Just find an interesting Java app (if
you can<g>), load it, watch the memory usage, observe the performance and
draw your own conclusions.
I use Java everyday, as does about 50% of programmers world wide, 75% in
Enterprises. Of course I know someone like you, has written many more
valuable applications than IBM, Sony, Sun, Oracle, etc. <G>
Of course I guess you would say that any IDE is not useful, including
JBuilder and/or Builder X, Oracle, etc.
Will you howl at the moon if Borland releases a Delphi that is cross
platform, the IDE written in Java (like JBuilder, Builder X) as well?

Re:Re: DElphi/Kylix Vs. Java ??

What is ba{*word*224}t for such statements?. I'm in touch with about 40
programmers (worldwide) and only two of them using Java. Or you read this
info in some Java-ish magazine? This is laughable. Ask Java programmer: "Do
you use Java in enterprise?" "Of course yes", - will be answer. And so we
have 75% in enterprise. :-/
p>Of course I know someone like you, has written many more valuable
p>applications than IBM, Sony, Sun, Oracle, etc. <G>
p>Of course I guess you would say that any IDE is not useful, including
p>JBuilder and/or Builder X, Oracle, etc.
Oracle is useful. But as long as i working with Oracle (about 4 years) there
is very rare occasions when Java actually needed. In almost cases usage of
Java is not necessary.
CBX? While i'm evaluating it i noticed following advantages:
1. No necessary to write that stupid makefiles.
2. You may debug application in the IDE.
Disadvantages:
1. Slow even at trivial operations.
2. Sometimes crashing.
But all that advantages already has in the KDevelop, which has no
abovementioned disadvantages.
p>Will you howl at the moon if Borland releases a Delphi that is cross
p>platform, the IDE written in Java (like JBuilder, Builder X) as well?
This will be total disaster.
1. It will be slow as CBX or slower because Delphi _really_ integrate many
things, comparing to CBX which only call external programs.
2. It will be buggy because it will be full rewrite of IDE.
3. On what language should we write components for it? On Java? Thanks, we
have JBuilder already.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: DElphi/Kylix Vs. Java ??

"pNichols" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>>Because JIT'd code uses such a ridiculous amount of memory.
>>You mean like DOT.NET?
>You'll never know since you don't use it <G>
I do not create commercial applications with it, never said I have not
experimented with it, in fact have said quite the opposite.
Bah bah bah ;-)))

Re:Re: DElphi/Kylix Vs. Java ??

"pNichols" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[..]
I use Java everyday, as does about 50% of programmers world wide
Are you smoking something funny?
What happened to C++ and VB? They suddenly diseppeared? <G>
Of course I know someone like you, has written many more
valuable applications than IBM, Sony, Sun, Oracle, etc. <G>
Those combined don't represent a big chunk of software written world wide.
[..]
Will you howl at the moon if Borland releases a Delphi that is cross
platform, the IDE written in Java (like JBuilder, Builder X) as well?
He would probabily say the same things that have been said in the CBX
newsgroups <G>

Re:Re: DElphi/Kylix Vs. Java ??

"pNichols" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Will you howl at the moon if Borland releases a Delphi that is cross
platform, the IDE written in Java (like JBuilder, Builder X) as well?
The one thing I wouldn't do is attempt to deny obvious performance
attributes.